May 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

join us
Register

EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees - Page 2 Empty Re: EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees

Post  geofftl1000r on Sat 05 Jan 2019, 14:50

@The Judge wrote:Looks like we won't be going to Spain. Just heard that the Belgium rally we do every year has had to be moved to the same weekend, bugger.

That's a shame Jeff. Was looking forward to meeting you guys again.

geofftl1000r
geofftl1000r

EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees - Page 2 Subscr12

Back to top Go down

EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees - Page 2 Empty Re: EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees

Post  Vermin on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 15:58

We have now received the booking details from the Spanish Clubs, we are just awaiting clarification on a few questions. As soon as I am clear on the details I will post the form so that you can start making your bookings.

All accommodation is double rooms with the option of double occupancy (€189) or single occupancy (€141).

Vermin
Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  majalomalk on Fri 18 Jan 2019, 22:01

Ok here we go
Martin & Kath
Martin & Sharon
Nick
Outbound  martin/Sharon 24/05 westfield court Birmingham
Then martin/kath Martin/Sharon 25/05 Folkstone tunnel on to De Montreuil France
26/05 Chartres  were nick will join us
27/05 28/05  Limoges
29/05 Montauban
30/05 Berga Spain
31/05 01/06  Lloret
02/06 Lodeve
03/06 04/06 Clermont-Ferrand
05/06 Montargis
06/06 Amiens
07/06 Ashford to ride home 08/06
Nicks homeward travel to be arranged anyone wishing to tag along more than welcome  thumb

majalomalk
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Fri 18 Jan 2019, 22:14

Looking forward to it, lets hope for sun all the way.

The Prospector
The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  majalomalk on Fri 18 Jan 2019, 22:16

@The Prospector wrote:Looking forward to it,  lets hope for sun all the way.
thumbs   drunk

majalomalk
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sun 20 Jan 2019, 11:41

Just finished a bit of route planning avoiding tolls and including some twisties (love a twisty)and it works out about 2000 miles Calais to Calais  bike    Witch(me with Shaz following)

The Prospector
The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  geofftl1000r on Mon 28 Jan 2019, 11:48

@geofftl1000r wrote:Geoff and Jessica are hoping to be there. Not sure if Jessica will be flying down or roughing it on the bike    Witch   roll on floor laughi

Well Geoff and Jessica won't be attending. Just looked at the leave sheet and someone has sneaked in a weeks holiday so now I cannot book the same week.
  Just booked the channel tunnel, the first nights hotel the Bilbao ferry back at the weekend and now I will lose my deposit! Really Pissed as no one else books leave at this time of the year usually. anger

geofftl1000r
geofftl1000r

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 17:41

Copied this off another site, maybe something else to look into.
A bit of info if you are thinking of riding/driving in Europe after the end of March. You will need an International Driving Permit for most of Europe. It will be the 1968 one and it lasts for 3 years. If your doing Spain, then you need the 1949 one which lasts one year. I also think you may need a green card from your insurance provider. I will be phoning mine shortly. This is just incase the Brexit goes through on the right date. Each Permit costs £5:50p. Check online for more info.

The Prospector
The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 07:52

O.K. folks, the details on how to register and pay for the weekend are now up on the forum.

You can find all information in the topic here: EIC 2019 - Spain (Registration and Payment Information)

Once you've completed registration, please send me a PM with your names so that I can add you to the final attendance list.

Cheers,
Nick (Vermin)

Vermin
Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  Badger on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 09:09

It is Monday morning and the brains struggling today, on the registration form what do we enter in NUM., PAID UP, PAX and what size do we need to enter for shirts as in uk or eu size chart?
Your help as ever will be most appreciated  thumb

Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan ICRRC on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 11:37

PAX is a technical term used in hotels etc... for the number of adults

Alan ICRRC
Alan ICRRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 17:45

With regard to sizes I just put a letter.

Vermin
Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  Badger on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 18:04

@Vermin wrote:With regard to sizes I just put a letter.
Lol just one? Some of us need 3 letters fatman

Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 19:56

@Badger wrote:
@Vermin wrote:With regard to sizes I just put a letter.
Lol just one? Some of us need 3 letters fatman

Semantics... I don't judge! sofa hide

Vermin
Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 19:57

I have had contact from some members informing me that they have had difficulty making the bank transfer. Apparently certain banks require an address in order to make the transfer. In the case of my bank HSBC when I put the IBAN number in, the bank address came up automatically but still required a recipient address. I managed to make a transfer with "NOT APPLICABLE" for the recipient address but this may vary between banks.

I messaged the secretary yesterday and got this response:

Hi,
The account is:
SANTANDER BANK
ES89 0049 0113 54 2210779560
BIC .: BSCHESMMXXX
SANTANDER BANK
AGENCY 0113
CALLE ITALIA, 8 Nº 20 HARO 26200

PHONE 941-311184

If you still have problems then send me a PM and I'll see what I can do

Vermin
Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Thu 21 Feb 2019, 17:48

Just booked our flight, thursday to sunday. thumb

EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees - Page 2 My-sig10

Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

Mick
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees - Page 2 Empty EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees

Post  Richy Y on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 01:14

Noticed that the list of attendees hasn't been updated and any more update on the obligatory t-shirt ?? I'll have a go at designing one if anyone is interested ??

Richy Y
Richy Y

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 08:10

@Richy Y wrote:Noticed that the list of attendees hasn't been updated and any more update on the obligatory t-shirt ?? I'll have a go at designing one if anyone is interested ??

Shaz and myself would certainly like a couple if you're up for doing some.

The Prospector
The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 09:07

As Richy said the list of people attending or routes being taken are sadly lacking at the moment so here's ours if anybody wishes to hook up along the route.
We've decided to make this our two week holiday and works out around 180 miles a day avoiding tolls and motorways with a break mid week each way.
Sat 25 May eurotunnel then to Montreuil (above Abbeville not Paris), Sun 26 May Chartres, Mon & Tues 27/28 May Limoges, Wed 29 May Montauban, Thur 30 May Berga.
Return Sun 2 June Lodeve, Mon & Tues 3/4 June Clermont Ferrand, Wed 5 June Montargis, Thur 6 June Amiens, Fri 7 June eurotunnel then Ashford.
Martin & Kath and Nick are also travelling with us so if anybodys thinking of riding all the way or interested in meeting on route let us know.

The Prospector
The Prospector

Back to top Go down

EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees - Page 2 Empty Vic,Badger,Fluff,Wiggy & Kirsty route

Post  Wiggy on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 17:04

Ok,
This year we are using it as our two week holiday..
Last year we shipped the bike and rode the last two days, this year we are riding the whole way and camping.
The group so far is Vic, Badger & Fluff, Wiggy & Kirsty. All welcome along the way...

27th May and back on 7th June
Newhaven to Dieppe ferry
BB first night in France as we hit France about 11pm
28th to 29th May Camping Les Châteaux
29th to 30th Camping de La Mothe
30th to 31st May Camping Le Lamparo
2 hours 22 minutes 95.5 miles left to ride then... Hotel Don Juan Resort, then the party begins

2nd to 3rd June Camping Figurotta
3rd to 4th June Moulin de Chaules
4th to 5th June Camping de la Rivière
5th to 6th June Au Coeur de Vendôme
BB last night as ferry departs at noon from Dieppe to Newhaven

All riding is kept to 3 to 3.5 hours (with one 5.5 hours) per day to enjoy each venue (and save sore bums) ,tolls avoided too thumbs

Wiggy
Wiggy

Back to top Go down

Post  mrs spook on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 18:03

Attendees now updated as far as I am aware let me know if any different. I do not know about payments. 

I have been keeping up to date with the Norwich meet and finalising the hotel arrangements for the Redditch anniversary meet.

mrs spook
mrs spook
Meeting Co-ordinator

Meeting Co-ordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Badger on Wed 27 Mar 2019, 10:28

Hi, is it possible for someone to contact the organisers to check that they recieved our payments as we paid quite a while ago but have no idea if they recieved it apart from the money went out of the account lol:therethere:

Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post  majalomalk on Wed 27 Mar 2019, 10:58

@Badger wrote:Hi, is it possible for someone to contact the organisers to check that they recieved our payments as we paid quite a while ago but have no idea if they recieved it apart from the money went out of the account lol:therethere:
Hi martin i had to email the secretary and ask for confirmation as i dont think they automatically confirm they emailed me back next day  thumb

majalomalk
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  mrs spook on Wed 27 Mar 2019, 11:05

@majalomalk wrote:
@Badger wrote:Hi, is it possible for someone to contact the organisers to check that they recieved our payments as we paid quite a while ago but have no idea if they recieved it apart from the money went out of the account lol:therethere:
Hi martin i had to email the secretary and ask for confirmation as i dont think they automatically confirm they emailed me back next day  thumb
We did the same, all received.

mrs spook
mrs spook
Meeting Co-ordinator

Meeting Co-ordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Wed 27 Mar 2019, 12:44

@mrs spook wrote:
@majalomalk wrote:
We did the same, all received.

Ditto

The Prospector
The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  Badger on Wed 27 Mar 2019, 20:24

Thank you have just emailed them thumb

Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sat 30 Mar 2019, 10:38

Today went to post office for international driving permits, the one for Spain no problem, the French 3 year one they'll only do to November because the photo on my license needs renewing then but you have to supply a current passport type photo for each permit, f***ing burocracy now now

The Prospector
The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  fairweatherrider on Sat 30 Mar 2019, 23:49

Hiya you can now add me to the list of attendees for Spain. form has been sent and confirmed as received. payment sent just awaiting on confirmation that it has also been received.

fairweatherrider
fairweatherrider
Membership Secretary

Membership Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  mrs spook on Sun 31 Mar 2019, 10:39

I have up dated the list as I know it, let me know if you know different. Looks like a good turn out from the IOCUK.

mrs spook
mrs spook
Meeting Co-ordinator

Meeting Co-ordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  majalomalk on Sun 31 Mar 2019, 11:33

Kath and I are paid  thumb

majalomalk
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer

Back to top Go down

EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees - Page 2 Empty eic-2019-spain

Post  Richy Y on Sun 31 Mar 2019, 17:52

We have paid and have confirmation.

Richy Y
Richy Y

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiggy on Mon 01 Apr 2019, 17:46

@Badger wrote:Thank you have just emailed them thumb

I emailed them and got the reply this morning thumbs

Wiggy
Wiggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Badger on Mon 01 Apr 2019, 19:48

I emailed them early last week and have heard nothing!

Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiggy on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 16:50

@Badger wrote:I emailed them early last week and have heard nothing!

I used the first email and used the reply option...
EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees - Page 2 Captur10
The money was paid on the 9th and they got it on the 11th (it was over the weekend, so not bad) thumbs

Wiggy
Wiggy

Back to top Go down

Post  fairweatherrider on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 19:44

I finally got the nationwide to send the payment after they declined the first one all because i hadn't put the Spanish club address on the form i payed it last night and the Spanish secretary confirmed he had received it this afternoon so I'm all payed up and ferry from newhaven booked

fairweatherrider
fairweatherrider
Membership Secretary

Membership Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  mrs spook on Fri 05 Apr 2019, 07:49

@fairweatherrider wrote:I finally got the nationwide to send the payment after they declined the first one all because i hadn't put the Spanish club address on the form i payed it last night and the Spanish secretary confirmed he had received it this afternoon so I'm all payed up and ferry from newhaven booked
We had the same problem with Nationwide, gave up with them and went through Lloyds Bank in the end.

mrs spook
mrs spook
Meeting Co-ordinator

Meeting Co-ordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  fairweatherrider on Sat 06 Apr 2019, 15:26

All i done sue was put the same address as santander bank into the recipient address box and it was payed the next morning just goes to show that even the banks don't check the information on the forms

fairweatherrider
fairweatherrider
Membership Secretary

Membership Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 00:27

@fairweatherrider wrote:All i done sue was put the same address as santander bank into the recipient address box and it was payed the next morning just goes to show that even the banks don't check the information on the forms

My gripe here is that no two banks seem to have the same system when it comes to what information is required to make an international payment. 

UK to UK banks are easy, account number, sort code, name and your away. And even then the specified account name isn't actually checked at present, although I hear that is going to change at some point.

Vermin
Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 07:58

@Vermin wrote:
@fairweatherrider wrote:All i done sue was put the same address as santander bank into the recipient address box and it was payed the next morning just goes to show that even the banks don't check the information on the forms

My gripe here is that no two banks seem to have the same system when it comes to what information is required to make an international payment. 

UK to UK banks are easy, account number, sort code, name and your away. And even then the specified account name isn't actually checked at present, although I hear that is going to change at some point.
It would be easier and cheaper if other clubs opened a PayPal account.

The Prospector
The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  dcapaldi45 on Sun 07 Apr 2019, 11:48

Hi I used the Revolut  pre paid currency  card,I didn't have a problem  and I had a email the next day from their club 
Darren  Laughing

dcapaldi45
dcapaldi45

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Mon 08 Apr 2019, 18:26

Payment sent, just waiting on confirmation. thumbs

EIC 2019 - Spain (Dates and Location) and Attendees - Page 2 My-sig10

Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

Mick
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  mrs spook Today at 09:29

Just when you are looking forward to a great trip with good company, the ferry company cancel your crossing. Are they having a laugh - NO.  

Managed to get the last cabins available with Rudi and Caz to St Malo, but now new hotels to sort, ugh! 

bolloks very mad

mrs spook
mrs spook
Meeting Co-ordinator

Meeting Co-ordinator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector Today at 13:42

@mrs spook wrote:Just when you are looking forward to a great trip with good company, the ferry company cancel your crossing. Are they having a laugh - NO.  

Managed to get the last cabins available with Rudi and Caz to St Malo, but now new hotels to sort, ugh! 

bolloks very mad

Only 70 miles longer from Calais to Lloret de Mar than St Malo and a lot cheaper.

The Prospector
The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  dcapaldi45 Today at 14:07

Well hello  there Sue it's nice to have you all onboard our boat now, let the fun begin  dance

Darren

dcapaldi45
dcapaldi45

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum