Club Staff Online
Friends List
December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

join us
Register

Traveling on Friday 29th to the Midlands 13th Summer Meet from up t'north...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Traveling on Friday 29th to the Midlands 13th Summer Meet from up t'north...

Post  pdn561 on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 18:17

Hello all! (Especially those living North of the Midlands, AKA "The North"...)

Anyway...the point of this thread is:

1. Who wants to travel down to the meet area on Friday, and stay over an extra night?
2. If you like the sound of that, fancy meeting up along the way and maybe going for some food & drink in the evening? (Entirely casual / informal.)

The main reason I'm interested is to take a leisurely pace, probably just avoiding the motorways, and stopping off at some interesting places along the way and see a bit of the country that I will miss if I'm bombing down early on Saturday morning.

I started this thread, thinking about the people heading from the North, but anybody is welcome! thumb

Just give the post a thumbs up and drop me a PM if you're interested, & I'll update this thread with summary information in a few days.

Cheers,
Paul.

pdn561

Back to top Go down

Travelling from Ooop North

Post  Richy Y on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 18:23

Hi Paul,

We would be interested, and I think we are the furthest north that will be travelling.

Richy

Richy Y

Back to top Go down

Re: Traveling on Friday 29th to the Midlands 13th Summer Meet from up t'north...

Post  pdn561 on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 22:00

Ok Richy, cool. thumb

Also, there's been interest from people wanting to meet up on Saturday morning too, so by all means reply here and we can coordinate for both days.

Cheers,
Paul.

pdn561

Back to top Go down

Re: Traveling on Friday 29th to the Midlands 13th Summer Meet from up t'north...

Post  ang_vzr1800 on Thu 07 Apr 2016, 05:09

Saturday morning B-)

ang_vzr1800

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 18:12

Sharron and myself will be traveling Saturday morning leaving the skipton area around 10ish. Can go M6 or M1 corridors or any route in between if any one wants to team up or give an indication of their routes.

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 19:31

Had a pm off Kenyjoy who's running down from Peterlee and I've suggested meeting at Wetherby services around 11.00am (although thats not fixed in stone) so is there any one else from the northeast or any one from Leeds or Sheffield areas wanting to join a select group of riders. Routes times and meeting places are up for discussion.

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzzer on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 22:25

Don't forget to click your mileage guys & gals for the furthest travelled thumb

Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  pdn561 on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:08

OK, so we now have a group of confirmed travellers for Saturday morning...

Roughly in descending order of journey length:
Newcastle - Richy Y & Allison
Skipton - Prospector & Sharron
Peterlee - Kennyjoy
Lincolnshire - Ang_vzr1800
Rotherham - Me (Paul)

Meeting times (approx) & location suggestions:
1100 - 1115 - Short Break / Meet Up - Whetherby Services, North Yorkshire - A1(M) J46 Southbound (Bog Standard Services)
1200 - 1215 - Short Break / Meet Up - Blyth Services, South Yorkshire - A1(M) J34 Southbound (Bog Standard Services)
1330 - 1400 - Lunch Stop / Meet Up - Matlock Bath Parade - Matlock, Derbyshire - A6 Southbound (Various Hot & Cold Food & Drink Options)
1500 - 1530 - Last Break / Meet Up - National Memorial Arboretum, Staffordshire - A513, Off A38 Southbound (Cafe open until 4.30pm)
1600 - Arrive Westfield Court Hotel, B72 1DJ

On the above location suggestions:
1. I deliberately haven't specified connecting routes, because I don't know what people would prefer. I was going to suggest A roads over motorways, because I'm assuming we're not going to mount a bid to beat the land-speed-record? (I won't be, anyway!)
2. I would like to allow (and recommend) a little extra journey time before the Lunch stop for a short scenic detour around the Bakewell & Buxton areas, especially if the weather is good and we're not massively behind schedule. We can always see how it looks on the day, but 30-45 mins should be plenty - As a guide, the extended timings would look something like:

1400 - 1445 - Lunch Stop / Meet Up - Matlock Bath Parade - Matlock, Derbyshire - A6 Southbound (Various Hot & Cold Food & Drink Options)
1600 - 1630 - Last Break / Meet Up - National Memorial Arboretum, Staffordshire - A513, Off A38 Southbound (Cafe open until 4.30pm)
1700 - Arrive Westfield Court Hotel, B72 1DJ

Even the original schedule should make for relaxed riding. It would help if we can swap mobile numbers for those intending to meet up along the way, so we can decide whether to hang-on or not (in case of traffic further up the route, etc.) By all means send me a PM and I will forward my number.

Please do share your thoughts on any of the above!

Cheers,
Paul.
bike

pdn561

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 20:38

We will aim to be at Wetherby services around 11.00

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 21:33

@The Prospector wrote:We will aim to be at Wetherby services around 11.00

We are leaving here around 11am, just hoping we don't hit any jams on the M6 with being in the
car. Have a safe journey and see you all down there. thumbs

Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Travelling from Ooop North

Post  Richy Y on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 01:05

It looks like I'll have to get my arse out of bed early, about 1 hour 25 to Wetherby from ours. bed fart

Richy Y

Back to top Go down

Post  pdn561 on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 03:05

@Richy Y wrote: ...get my arse out of bed... bed fart

I thought you'd be saving the Dutch-Oven practice until nearer to this year's Euro Meet? wink

pdn561

Back to top Go down

Post  bamkats on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 20:05

Helen and myself could meet you all at the National Memorial Arboretum for the final run in.

bamkats

Back to top Go down

Post  pdn561 on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 23:21

The more the merrier for me. Any stop you fancy!

Will confirm the final route and timings on Friday. Drop me your mobile number in a PM if you want me to text you on the day to confirm progress during breaks, etc.

Cheers,
Paul.

pdn561

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 18:36

Well new front tyre today so I won't be breaking any speed records on the way down.
Are we still on for meeting at Wetherby services at 11am as I'll need to put a detour in due to some lycra clad idiots.
In fact I may head for Blyth services instead will decide in the morning.

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  pdn561 on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 19:41

Blyth will be where I'm picking up from, so will be hanging around from about 1145 if you do go straight there instead.

Ken has confirmed that he & Joy are coming by car instead tomorrow, and is still planning to meet at Wetherby, so presumably I'll see them at Blyth too.

Besides, I don't suppose the bikes will be hampered by a car at the tail if the weather's a bit pants anyway, so all good with me. thumb
At least we'll be in no doubt about who the last man is... unless Mick gets up early and decides to join in the "hybrid convoy" too?! Shocked

Not long now... bike

pdn561

Back to top Go down

Post  ang_vzr1800 on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 20:33

thumbs ill be meeting at blyth services too, looking forward to it

been trying pack my stuff and the weather is not making it easy for me bolloks
is it worth sticking some waterproofs on for the journey people. ? cheers

ang_vzr1800

Back to top Go down

Post  pdn561 on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 20:39

I'm wearing my winter gear and packing spare waterproofs & gloves too! coldwind
Starting to wish I had the windscreen fitted... bolloks

I'm just making an observation, but now that Richy can't make it at all this weekend, seems like the Wetherby meet-up is redundant for the bikers? hmmm
If so, we should all still be due to converge on Blyth around 12pm anyway, but just thought I'd mention it in case anybody finds themselves alone in the services wondering where everybody has disappeared to! dont know

Even if it ends up just me on my billy, I'll be there... bike ...muttering under my breath! wink

pdn561

Back to top Go down

Post  ang_vzr1800 on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 20:49

I was gonna travel in leather stuff down and put a cheap waterproof pants and jacket on top... but just had a look and from 12 o'clock theres more a chance of rain on the way down :-(

ang_vzr1800

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 21:08

Textile pants and wax jacket for me plus cheap waterproof leggins if its a monsoon, will aim for Blyth services around 12.00 then..  gloves and boots purport to be Gortex , wax jacket's new and unknown but we''ll find out, at least on the rideout on Sun there'll be a Rocket 111 with a plow on to follow Laughing

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzzer on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 21:31

I think the plough is called the "radiator" on a rocket 111 whistle

Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 21:51

@pdn561 wrote:
I'm just making an observation, but now that Richy can't make it at all this weekend

Ah, I wondered who it was that had dropped out wink

Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  fester on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 22:20

@ang_vzr1800 wrote:I was gonna travel in leather stuff down and put a cheap waterproof pants and jacket on top... but just had a look and from 12 o'clock theres more a chance of rain on the way down :-(
yep....i wouldnt risk wearing my chaps either,i'll pack em in me bag just in case its a better day on sunday tho Laughing

fester

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 08:25

Blyth services 12.00 everyone.

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum