Club Staff Online
Friends List
April 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

join us
Register

Riding as part of a group & 2nd man drop off system (helpful videos)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Riding as part of a group & 2nd man drop off system (helpful videos) Empty Riding as part of a group & 2nd man drop off system (helpful videos)

Post  Jimbo on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:29

Hi all
What with the spring & summer meets coming up I thought that it wouldn't be a bad idea to post up a couple of videos regarding Group riding & the 2nd man drop off system in the case there may be someone in the ride who hasn't done it before, I know there will be a pre-ride talk anyway but if any newbie has seen a video 1st then my thoughts are that they would have a better understanding of what is being talked about in the pre-ride & hopefully keeping everyone safe as a result.

GROUP RIDING TIPS X2 VIDS
https://youtu.be/zhMvb5-EJQ8

https://youtu.be/5Z89ROcx0Cs

2ND MAN DROP OFF X 2 VID'S
https://youtu.be/HGXRtvk3_EQ

https://youtu.be/rzYwbsQgQMg

sorry about the yank vids but if someone gets summat useful from it then that's gotta be a good thing eh? thumb

I'm sure there is loads folk will want to chip in about so feel free.

ride safe everyone respect

Jimbo
Jimbo

Riding as part of a group & 2nd man drop off system (helpful videos) Subscr12

Back to top Go down

Riding as part of a group & 2nd man drop off system (helpful videos) Empty Re: Riding as part of a group & 2nd man drop off system (helpful videos)

Post  Vermin on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 19:36

Ride to the bike behind... perhaps one of the most important; yet often forgotten rules. It's so easy to get fixed onto what the person in front is doing to forget to consider the bike behind when making a move.

Some excellent advice as always Jimbo, always good to refresh and revise... you never stop learning! thumb

Vermin
Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Riding as part of a group & 2nd man drop off system (helpful videos) Empty Re: Riding as part of a group & 2nd man drop off system (helpful videos)

Post  Jimbo on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 20:55

Exactly mate, I know the the positioning on the 2nd man drop off on the video, didnt seem to be exactly how we have done it in the past, but like I say if anyone who hasn't rode in a large group before then hopefully seeing a video 1st may give them some idea of how it's done & what to expect

Maybe we should make on of our own roll on floor laughi

Jimbo
Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  majalomalk on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 23:10

good vids thumbs

majalomalk
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 23:12

Spot on Jimbo, we take it for granted but newbies don't, why didn't I think to post it dont know

Sparks
Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 08:03

@Sparks wrote:Spot on Jimbo, we take it for granted but newbies don't, why didn't I think to post it dont know

Not looked at the vids, but thats why we do a reminder before the start of every rideout just
incase there are newbies with us. thumb

Mick - Admin

There are many "HOW TO's" and info about the forum in the link below.

Site Questions, News & Suggestions

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbo on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 18:18

@Admin wrote:
@Sparks wrote:Spot on Jimbo, we take it for granted but newbies don't, why didn't I think to post it dont know

Not looked at the vids, but thats why we do a reminder before the start of every rideout just
incase there are newbies with us. thumb

Yeah & that's good that we do Mick & that reminder will always be needed, the only thing is & I know from experience is that there is always the chance that someone will say they understand what has been discussed then walk away clueless & my thoughts are words & pictures are a good thing, if a newbie is a complete newbie then it might be the first time they have ever heard of staggered riding or 2nd man drop off & for the sake of everyone it would be safer to assume they haven't.

Thinking more on making our own version of both video's as I noticed that in the one I posted there are slight differences in the way the 2nd man drop off was done as in the positioning of that 2nd man in some cases, & could this video (if made) be available to view by all on this site (all members)

Could be a fun thing to do "can you imagine some of the characters" oh dear me
thanks for your input guys thumb

Jimbo
Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 18:49

All that is needed is for the video to be put on youtube and then it
can be linked into a message on here for all to see. thumb

Mick - Admin

There are many "HOW TO's" and info about the forum in the link below.

Site Questions, News & Suggestions

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbo on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 19:09

Cheers Mick thumbs

Jimbo
Jimbo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum