SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

join us
Register

Holland meeting point.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holland meeting point.

Post  The Prospector on Sun 22 May 2016, 09:10

Well I'm in count down mode for the Euro meet, 15 sleeps for the Toon army Laughing
Are we going to do a group meet on the Friday morning to ride on to the venue as a club, if so any ideas as to when and where we could congregate, somewhere east of Amsterdam maybe?
Ideas guys & gals.

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Re: Holland meeting point.

Post  marshman on Sun 22 May 2016, 12:03

I'm crossing at Dover with Hillwalker, terry, and Guzzer at 8:20 so we probably wont get to Amsterdam until early afternoon but it would be good to all meet up for the ride in bike bike bike bike bike bike bike

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  dcapaldi45 on Sun 22 May 2016, 17:26

Hi there Mr Prospector,

A few off will be docking at the hook of holland, early Friday morning, the campsite is not far away, so that could be a plan

Darren

dcapaldi45

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sun 22 May 2016, 20:28

Anybody who knows the area suggest a venue to meet, service station etc?

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  thecoventrykid on Sun 22 May 2016, 20:39

Hi . From what I can gather a group of us are arriving in Rotterdam at 08.30 local time on Friday and another at hook of Holland at 08.00. This means we could meet each other on the motorway somewhere just north of Rotterdam. I have spied a couple of possibilities but has anyone any ideas?
Laurie thumbs

thecoventrykid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks on Mon 23 May 2016, 19:24

I've got absolutely no idea of the area but we're open to suggestions on it all and we should definitely organise a common meeting point for all the IOCUK attendees, it would be awfully rude to not ride in as a group don't ya think ?

Yup getting butterflies in the stomach here too Martin, have started to check the throw over panniers and luggage for fitment and got all the ROK straps ready wink

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  bamkats on Wed 25 May 2016, 08:54

It's getting closer to travel time  dance  thumb

Lets start planning the route from the ferries, meeting up with everyone that is already there and the run in to Riviera Park

thecovenrykid has suggested that folks arriving on the ferries from Harwich and Hull ( Friday morning ) meet at a Maccy D's on the outskirts of Rotterdam.    mcdonalds
Thurdledweg100, 3044 ES Rotterdam.

Copy and paste this link.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Thurledeweg+100,+3044+ES+Rotterdam,+Netherlands/@51.9442602,4.1994575,11.46z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x47c4352519769b3d:0x35fa9b8b9d188370!2sThurledeweg+100,+3044+ES+Rotterdam,+Netherlands!3b1!8m2!3d51.9261351!4d4.4155194!3m4!1s0x47c4352519769b3d:0x35fa9b8b9d188370!8m2!3d51.9261351!4d4.4155194?hl=en

Is anyone arriving on the Newcastle ferry on Friday morning?

After we have all met up, head north to meet with the rest of the IOUK group somewhere else?

bike

bamkats

Back to top Go down

Post  pdn561 on Wed 25 May 2016, 11:19

Richy's group travelling from Newcastle will have been in holland since Tuesday 7th June, so we should be fine to meet up wherever...

pdn561

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Wed 25 May 2016, 19:08

That sounds a reasonable meeting point, what time can the lads coming from Calais make it?

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  fairweatherrider on Sat 28 May 2016, 14:34

Myself and Ian Thain are heading out from Dover to calais on the 6th June and linking up with Richy and his group in Leiden on tuesday the 7th so wherever everyone decides to meet the lads and lasses coming in from Hull and Harwich we'll be there I think Terry Stephens Hillwalker Marshman and Guzzer are getting an early ferry from Dover on the Friday but dunno what time they'll arrive in Holland I think it's only right that we all ride in together as a club will look and sound good and show our European friends that we are an organised club unlike Ilfracombe last year

fairweatherrider
Membership Secretary

Membership Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzzer on Sat 28 May 2016, 23:25

@marshman wrote:I'm crossing at Dover with Hillwalker, terry, and Guzzer at 8:20 so we probably wont get to Amsterdam until early afternoon but it would be good to all meet up for the ride in bike bike bike bike bike bike bike

As Steve says, we get to Calais at 10am local time & there's a good 4 hour plus stops run up to the site so we'll be looking at approx a 3pm arrival at the site.
We'd be looking at crossing the border into Holland around 12:30 & I assume we'll be on the A16 which enters Holland near a place called Galder.
I'd be happy to meet up with more Brits for a ride in.

Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sun 29 May 2016, 10:26

@Guzzer wrote:
@marshman wrote:I'm crossing at Dover with Hillwalker, terry, and Guzzer at 8:20 so we probably wont get to Amsterdam until early afternoon but it would be good to all meet up for the ride in bike bike bike bike bike bike bike

As Steve says, we get to Calais at 10am local time & there's a good 4 hour plus stops run up to the site so we'll be looking at approx a 3pm arrival at the site.
We'd be looking at crossing the border into Holland around 12:30 & I assume we'll be on the A16 which enters Holland near a place called Galder.
I'd be happy to meet up with more Brits for a ride in.

From Galder to Bamkats suggestion of Maccy D's at Thurdledweg100, 3044 ES Rotterdam. should take about 45 minutes so around 1.30 to 2.00pm local time with a further 1 1/2 hour ride to site so we'd arrive on site around 4.30 or 5.00 ish so is everyone up for that or do some want to get to site sooner. How many groups are we looking at.. Richy's who are already in the area Guzzer and co coming from Calais then we have the Hull and Harwich travelers so is Thurdleweg100 for 2.00pm on Friday the 10th a done deal, we need some definates so we don't have people waiting for a group thats decided to alter their plans.
Replys and comments please.

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  bamkats on Mon 30 May 2016, 12:52

Just to add to the mixing pot. giggle

From the ferries to Galder is only about 1 hour away, we'll be sat around waiting for a few hours. So....

Those of us arriving from Hull/Harwich meet up at Maccy D's for 09:00

We then travel up to the campsite check in etc. meet up with everyone.

We all drive down to meet the guys coming from Calais, then all ride to the campsite as a group?

Feel free to comment coffee

bamkats

Back to top Go down

Post  thecoventrykid on Tue 31 May 2016, 21:36

Hi folks. As there seems to be a 4.5 hour difference between us I cannot see so many of us hanging around for that amount of time in full motorcycle gear sweating and my thought is move on and book in as Bamkats suggests , then go back as far as the maccy D's
Utrecht to meet the calais set. And ride in with them.

thecoventrykid

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudemyster on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 09:07

Sounds good to me

Rudemyster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazyboy on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 16:57

@Rudemyster wrote:Sounds good to me

thumbs

Lazyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  bamkats on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 21:25

Sounds like a plan thumbs

bamkats

Back to top Go down

Post  ang_vzr1800 on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 12:56

Now then ladies and gents,

I'm arriving from Hull to Rotterdam on Friday morning anyone else on that ferry crossing ?
I'm looking forward to the weekend.. ;-)

ang_vzr1800

Back to top Go down

Post  pdn561 on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 15:53

What times do you sail & dock Ang?

pdn561

Back to top Go down

Post  ang_vzr1800 on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 20:40

Sail about 9pm, dock about 8 or 8:15 not sure...

ang_vzr1800

Back to top Go down

Post  pdn561 on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 20:52

I've no idea where & what time we dock, just that it's on Tuesday morning and we are boarding at Newcastle around 3pm tomorrow...

...I just trust Richy *that* much! wink

pdn561

Back to top Go down

Post  ang_vzr1800 on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 21:00

You setting of for Newcastle in morning then or you staying up there tonight Paul? ?

ang_vzr1800

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 21:19

@pdn561 wrote:I've no idea where & what time we dock, just that it's on Tuesday morning and we are boarding at Newcastle around 3pm tomorrow...

...I just trust Richy *that* much! wink
Pm'd you

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 22:14

We're setting off from Newcastle at roughly 17.30pm and landing on the beaches of Holland at roughly 09.00am the next day, nice leisurely sail and decent meal before we hit Europe oh and a nice cup of tea before we set foot thumbs

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  Recker Mark on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 22:21

not long now thumbs cool 2 cool 2 cheers cheers yahoooo yahoooo

Recker Mark
Fallen Brother - RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  fairweatherrider on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 04:00

Yeah yeah sparks like your really gonna be drinking tea lmao

fairweatherrider
Membership Secretary

Membership Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 11:19

front brake pad replacement today, nice spit and polish tomorrow for the ride on friday...yippppeeeee

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 19:56

@fairweatherrider wrote:Yeah yeah sparks like your really gonna be drinking tea lmao

Yes you were right Vic there was no tea, we're more modern and up to date now there was beer but only enough to make us within the limit , trust us the tablets I'm on I was in the limit wink thumb wink

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 22:03

@Sparks wrote:
@fairweatherrider wrote:Yeah yeah sparks like your really gonna be drinking tea lmao

Yes you were right Vic there was no tea, we're more modern and up to date now there was beer but only enough to make us within the limit , trust us the tablets I'm on I was in the limit wink thumb wink
We were quite cosmopolitan in our eating and drinking habits eh Dave.

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 19:06

@The Prospector wrote:
@Sparks wrote:

We were quite cosmopolitan in our eating and drinking habits eh Dave.

One has acquired a taste for water melon and strawberry don't you think old boy roll on floor laughi

We're all cosmopolitan now eh.

Sparks

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum