Calendar Calendar

join us
Register

South West - South - Dover - EIC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South West - South - Dover - EIC

Post  Lazyboy on Sat 02 Jan 2016, 00:38

Hello guys

There has been some threads about gather in group (maybe on Cartgate) and travel together to Dover.

So take a look at the map, I've marked my first part of the route, nut to be honest I am open to suggestions. Maybe each one of us can mark their routes, start points and proposed place where we could meet.

Untitled-2

Lazyboy

Back to top Go down

Re: South West - South - Dover - EIC

Post  DaveE on Sat 02 Jan 2016, 15:10

Hi guys, just a few thoughts on meeting places.  Cartgate rest area and services Amesbury roundabout A303, Fleet services M3, Cobham and Clackett Lane M25 and Stop 24 J11 M20.  For those not travelling on the A303 or M3 we can meet on M25 or M20.  My start point will be Cartgate.  Open to suggestions.  Cheers.

DaveE

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Sat 02 Jan 2016, 16:30

what day you all thinking of leaving, thur or fri. If thurs then another sleep over needed somewhere???

Have we received camp booking details yet........have i missed them somewhere??????

I don't mind either thur or fri personally but monday will be the latest i can return.

eurotunnel cost is about £58 return at moment.

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveE on Sat 02 Jan 2016, 22:28

HI all,  personally I would like to go through on the Thursday, arriving at the venue late afternoon.  I haven’t worked out yet how to extend the booking, will talk to our hosts once we have booking details. Then having an evening with those that also arrive early, might be a plan but also might not be practical.  Your thoughts appreciated.  I have to return on the Sunday, all are welcome to join me for all the trip or just some of it.  I am thinking that from Cartgate to Dover we need to leave 4 to 5 hours depending on how many meets there are and the traffic situation.  I think I read somewhere that it is 3 to 31/2 hours from Calais to the site, so it is going to be a long day.

DaveE

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazyboy on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 23:25

@DaveE wrote:HI all,  personally I would like to go through on the Thursday, arriving at the venue late afternoon.  I haven’t worked out yet how to extend the booking, will talk to our hosts once we have booking details. Then having an evening with those that also arrive early, might be a plan but also might not be practical.  Your thoughts appreciated.  I have to return on the Sunday, all are welcome to join me for all the trip or just some of it.  I am thinking that from Cartgate to Dover we need to leave 4 to 5 hours depending on how many meets there are and the traffic situation.  I think I read somewhere that it is 3 to 31/2 hours from Calais to the site, so it is going to be a long day.

Agree - very long day/journey.

I've just booked Harwich to the Hook of Holland ferry overnight crossing for Thursday 9th June and return on Sunday night, with 3 course dinner, breakfast, cabin - 1 person and one bike for £229. It is Flexi option so I can change my plans or even cancel it up to 24 before with 100% money return.

So leaving Harwich on Thursday 23:00 landing in Holland on Friday at 8:00
return: leaving Hook of Holland at 22:00 and landing in Harwich on Monday at 6:30.

So my journey will start on Thursday 8th at about 12 ish. Then good dinner on ferry, good sleep and in the morning I will be ready to explore Holland Very Happy

Lazyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  HILLWALKER on Mon 04 Jan 2016, 20:06

It will be a Thursday set off Chunnel then a stop over somewhere then onto venue
Got xmas out of the way but something else has come up suddenly and is requiring attention Very Happy ooohhh misses Laughing

Did the run up the cost last year to Middelburg in Zeeland we had breakfast on Dunkirk beach and then a run and was there for just after lunch we checked in and spent the rest of the day being a tourist and drinking. Bloody great
thumb
Will use. Booking.com to get a hotel. Worked very well just needed a couple of hours planing for a couple of days of great riding and eating still plenty of time yet Very Happy
But I have officially booked the time off today dance all that with a 16 hr shift and a case of man flu affraid there there vomit1

HILLWALKER

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 12:42

@HILLWALKER wrote:It will be a Thursday  set off   Chunnel then a stop over somewhere then onto venue
Got xmas out of the way   but something else has come up suddenly and is requiring attention Very Happy  ooohhh misses  Laughing

Did the run up the cost last year to Middelburg in Zeeland we had breakfast on Dunkirk beach and then a run and was there for just after lunch we checked in and spent the rest of the day being a tourist and drinking. Bloody great
thumb
Will use. Booking.com to get a hotel. Worked very well just needed a couple of hours planing for a couple of days of great riding and eating still plenty of time yet Very Happy
But I have officially booked the time off today dance  all that with a 16 hr shift and a case of man flu affraid there there vomit1

sounds a good plan for us southerners Paul. kepp me updated on bookings etc, i,ll join ya.

Hope you recover from the dreaded man flu soon sofa hide

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  HILLWALKER on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 17:05

@marshman wrote:
@HILLWALKER wrote:It will be a Thursday  set off   Chunnel then a stop over somewhere then onto venue
Got xmas out of the way   but something else has come up suddenly and is requiring attention Very Happy  ooohhh misses  Laughing

thumb
But I have officially booked the time off today dance  all that with a 16 hr shift and a case of man flu affraid there there vomit1

sounds a good plan for us southerners Paul. kepp me updated on bookings etc, i,ll join ya.

No worries will hook up and get things organised
Looks like I will survive the man flu but it was touch and go yesterday I tell you dance

HILLWALKER

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 17:43

@HILLWALKER wrote:
@marshman wrote:

thumb

No worries will hook up and get things organised
Looks like I will survive the man flu but it was touch and go yesterday I tell you dance

Hi Paul. ...I have booked the accommodation and as my granddaughter (Lauren) is coming with me we have accommodation to ourselves.

We are still iterested in what you suggested by leaving as above but will have to arrange with you re stop overs as we will need two rooms, Lauren wont want to share room with granddad lol.

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 08:05

So who's going from Dover and what day/time?

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 08:53

For those people that have ordered the EIC Holland t-shirts please click on the link below
for info on how to pay. thumb

Holland t-shirt payment instructions

Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  HILLWALKER on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 07:54

@marshman wrote:So who's going from Dover and what day/time?

Looks like Terry and I will be going Friday about 8.30 ( not booked yet ) via the Tunnel coming back Monday will sort in the next couple of weeks once I finally get a day off and can pin Terry down in this country Laughing

HILLWALKER

Back to top Go down

Post  fairweatherrider on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 08:31

Kinky I Thought you was a married man paul good luck with that Very Happy whisper wink

fairweatherrider
Membership Secretary

Membership Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 09:24

@HILLWALKER wrote:

Looks like Terry and I will be going Friday about 8.30 ( not booked yet ) via the Tunnel coming back Monday  will sort in the next couple of weeks once I  finally get a day off and can pin Terry down in this country Laughing

Hi paul, we will ride with you, could you let me know what time tunnel you are booking when you are doing it and I will book same time. Also could I ask a big favour? When you look for accommodation for the Sunday night could you please look for a place with another two rooms and reserve for me and my grandaughter. If you need to pre pay I will send ££ to you the same day. Thanks mate. You should have my phone No 07879 418437.

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  HILLWALKER on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 08:55

@marshman wrote:
@HILLWALKER wrote:

Looks like Terry and I will be going Friday about 8.30 ( not booked yet ) via the Tunnel coming back Monday  will sort in the next couple of weeks once I  finally get a day off and can pin Terry down in this country Laughing

Hi paul, we will ride with you,  could you let me know what time tunnel you are booking when you are doing it and I will book same time. Also could I ask a big favour? When you look for accommodation for the Sunday night could you please look for a place with another two rooms and reserve for me and my grandaughter. If you need to pre pay I will send ££ to you the same day. Thanks mate. You should have my phone No 07879 418437.

No worries once we get it together I will let you know straight away will be great to ride together thumbs

HILLWALKER

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 10:20

@HILLWALKER wrote:
@marshman wrote:
@HILLWALKER wrote:

Hi paul, we will ride with you,  could you let me know what time tunnel you are booking when you are doing it and I will book same time. Also could I ask a big favour? When you look for accommodation for the Sunday night could you please look for a place with another two rooms and reserve for me and my grandaughter. If you need to pre pay I will send ££ to you the same day. Thanks mate. You should have my phone No 07879 418437.

No worries once we get it together I will let you know straight away will be great to ride together thumbs

thumbs thumbs

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 15:06

tunnel booked dance dance dance dance

marshman

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum