Club Staff Online
Friends List
August 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Calendar Calendar

join us
Register

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post new topic   

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 01:16

To start the list:-

Richy & Allison
Martin & Shaz
Mark
Dave & Karen
Martin & Cath
Paul

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 01:24

We have decided to make this our main holiday for the year and have booked from the 4/6/2016 - 19/6/2016 off work so will travel to and from Holland at anytime.

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  The Prospector on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 08:18

Add Shaz and myself to the list.
This will also be our main holiday so available same as you Richy.

avatar
The Prospector





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Recker Mark on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 09:47

I'm in Richie only for the 7 days can't have 2 weeks

avatar
Recker Mark
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 12:14

I could be in, not really decided yet but got time off work.

avatar
IANTHAIN25





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 14:35

Just been looking on t'Internet at Direct ferries, tickets from Newcastle overnight to Ijmegen are £365, but if you go via Harwich to hook of Holland during the day on Sat 5th? It's only £65

avatar
IANTHAIN25





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  The Prospector on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 19:18

@IANTHAIN25 wrote:Just been looking on t'Internet at Direct ferries, tickets from Newcastle overnight to Ijmegen are £365, but if you go via Harwich to hook of Holland during the day on Sat 5th? It's only £65
Looks like some investigation required for the best deal

avatar
The Prospector





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  paul81272 on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 22:42

Have you guys decided what day you are travelling there yet?

avatar
paul81272



Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 23:52

Just an idea, as this has happened before. If everyone keeps looking for prices on line for the dates it will more than likely drive the price up. With this in mind, it may be a good idea not to keep checking for the dates that we want to travel on.

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  paul81272 on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 07:08

@Richy Y wrote:Just an idea, as this has happened before.  If everyone keeps looking for prices on line for the dates it will more than likely drive the price up.  With this in mind, it may be a good idea not to keep checking for the dates that we want to travel on.

delete your cookies before you go back to the web site, any idea when dates for travel will be fixed?

avatar
paul81272



Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 18:53

Just waiting to see what interest we get Paul. Maybe if we wait till the new year and decide then. Open to suggestions.

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  paul81272 on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 20:52

@Richy Y wrote:Just waiting to see what interest we get Paul.  Maybe if we wait till the new year and decide then.  Open to suggestions.

Regardless of the route taken it would be cool to meet up in Rotterdam with all those travelling at the same approximate time.

avatar
paul81272



Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Sparks on Sun 20 Dec 2015, 18:54

@Richy Y wrote:To start the list:-

Richy & Allison

Me and her wink

______________________________________________________________________
wales flag  " Larger than life and twice as ugly" wales flag

avatar
Sparks
Vice President

Vice President



Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 01:20

Thanks to Vermin (Nick) for updating the list for those wishing to travel from The Toon. At the moment there is 7 of us. If you wish to join us, a time and date to be decided, but I could fancy doing some of the War Memorials/graveyards with Ian Thain, then put your name down, then after the New Year I'll make inquiries as to how much it will cost. If you put your name down later I would hope it will drive the cost down. More info and dates etc. after the festivities.

Cheas,

Richy

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 07:54

You're welcome to join me at any point Richy, looking to do dunkirk and Arnhem before the meet.

avatar
IANTHAIN25





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  The Prospector on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 21:39

Sharron and myself would like to do some of the war sites as well, thinking of booking the two weeks either side of the meet so fairly flexible on depart and return dates but I'm guessing mid week may be cheaper on the ferry.

avatar
The Prospector





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Sparks on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 23:32

@IANTHAIN25 wrote:You're welcome to join me at any point Richy, looking to do dunkirk and Arnhem before the meet.

Like the idea of Dunkirk and Arnhem as we've never been to them, in fact any of the war sites, we're flexible and easy on what's going on dance dance dance

______________________________________________________________________
wales flag  " Larger than life and twice as ugly" wales flag

avatar
Sparks
Vice President

Vice President



Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Wed 23 Dec 2015, 02:58

We could definitely do Arnhem Dave, but wondering if Dunkirk is maybe just a bit to far away if we are travelling from The Toon. I know Ian is thinking of leaving from further down the country so it would be easier for him.

We are the same Martin for our hols, so I was wondering, as Ian has already mentioned, if we could use the venue for the rally as a base and have ride out's from there. I am also thinking we could leave earlier in the week which would mean we could also ride out on the Friday to meet the rest and ride back in together from a meeting point to be decided.

Just a couple of idea's and any more would be great and we can make a final decision in the New Year.

Richy

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Sparks on Wed 23 Dec 2015, 11:50

@Richy Y wrote:We could definitely do Arnhem Dave, but wondering if Dunkirk is maybe just a bit to far away if we are travelling from The Toon.  I know Ian is thinking of leaving from further down the country so it would be easier for him.  

We are the same Martin for our hols, so I was wondering, as Ian has already mentioned, if we could use the venue for the rally as a base and have ride out's from there.  I am also thinking we could leave earlier in the week which would mean we could also ride out on the Friday to meet the rest and ride back in together from a meeting point to be decided.  

Just a couple of idea's and any more would be great and we can make a final decision in the New Year.

Richy    

Sounds all good that Richy so long as we see a bit of the country and the people thumb

______________________________________________________________________
wales flag  " Larger than life and twice as ugly" wales flag

avatar
Sparks
Vice President

Vice President



Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  The Prospector on Wed 23 Dec 2015, 17:28

@Sparks wrote:
@Richy Y wrote:We could definitely do Arnhem Dave, but wondering if Dunkirk is maybe just a bit to far away if we are travelling from The Toon.  I know Ian is thinking of leaving from further down the country so it would be easier for him.  

We are the same Martin for our hols, so I was wondering, as Ian has already mentioned, if we could use the venue for the rally as a base and have ride out's from there.  I am also thinking we could leave earlier in the week which would mean we could also ride out on the Friday to meet the rest and ride back in together from a meeting point to be decided.  

Just a couple of idea's and any more would be great and we can make a final decision in the New Year.

Richy    

Sounds all good that Richy so long as we see a bit of the country and the people thumb
Work's for me

avatar
The Prospector





Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Sun 10 Jan 2016, 22:11

Hi All,

I now have 8 possibly 9 names of peep's who will be travelling to Amsterdam from The Toon in the summer.

I will be seeing what it is going to cost and be booking our cabin's in the next 2 day's, if you wish to join us then can you let me know asap.

Cheas,

Richy.

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Sun 10 Jan 2016, 23:41

Forgot to mention, we will be leaving on Monday 6th June and returning Monday 13th June.

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 15:48

Hi All

Our ferry crossing has now been booked at a cost of £201 each return for 5 cabins. This includes an all you can eat hot or cold buffet evening meal in both directions. We will be getting breakfast in Amsterdam on the way over and at our house on the way back.

As I have already mentioned if you wish to join us on this route just let me know and I will be able to alter the booking up to the 28th March, when I have to pay the balance. I still think we'll be able to add after that date. I would expect that anyone joining us from now on will help to lower the cost.

Richy

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Sparks on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 20:13

@Richy Y wrote:Hi All

Our ferry crossing has now been booked at a cost of £201 each return for 5 cabins.  This includes an all you can eat hot or cold buffet evening meal in both directions.  We will be getting breakfast in Amsterdam on the way over and at our house on the way back.

As I have already mentioned if you wish to join us on this route just let me know and I will be able to alter the booking up to the 28th March, when I have to pay the balance.  I still think we'll be able to add after that date.  I would expect that anyone joining us from now on will help to lower the cost.

Richy

All good with us two dance dance

______________________________________________________________________
wales flag  " Larger than life and twice as ugly" wales flag

avatar
Sparks
Vice President

Vice President



Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  majalomalk on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 23:10

respect

avatar
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer



Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  pdn561 on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 02:03

Good work guys! Smile

I'm up for this! Put me down for a cabin. No passenger.

(I'm off for the full 2 weeks 4th - 19th too, so all-in!)

avatar
pdn561





Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 10:41

Hi pdn561,

I've sent you a PM.

Richy

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Richy Y on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 14:40

The numbers for the ferry for leaving from The Toon now stands at 10. The cost is £189 each return which includes evening meal. Just got to sort out the accommodation for our extended stay in Holland.

Anyone still wanting to come with us from The Toon, just let me know.

cheers

Richy.

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Mick on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 08:53

For those people that have ordered the EIC Holland t-shirts please click on the link below
for info on how to pay. thumb

Holland t-shirt payment instructions

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  pdn561 on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 18:48

I thought it might be helpful to resurrect this thread so we can update the travel plans for those departing on Monday.

I think the furthest-flung travellers to Newcastle are heading over from Wales in the morning... Dave Sparks, can you fill-in the details, since you appear to be the responsible adult in the group? (Scary thought...) Shocked wink

Depending on the weather, I'll either see you in Skipton or Newcastle. bike

Cheers,
Paul.

avatar
pdn561





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Sparks on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 19:56

@pdn561 wrote:I thought it might be helpful to resurrect this thread so we can update the travel plans for those departing on Monday.

I think the furthest-flung travellers to Newcastle are heading over from Wales in the morning... Dave Sparks, can you fill-in the details, since you appear to be the responsible adult in the group? (Scary thought...) Shocked wink

Depending on the weather, I'll either see you in Skipton or Newcastle. bike

Cheers,
Paul.

Responsible Adult how dare you it's taken me 50 plus odd years to get this disgraceful and I'm proud of it however if your volunteering to be my care in the community helper then God help ya Laughing Laughing Laughing

OK here's what we know, Martin & Kath from the Midlands are meeting us at Lymm services at roughly 9am ish, then off to Martin & Sharon's in Skipton where we will meet up with you and then it's off up the A1(M) to the ToonLand to get there roughly at 2.30pm ish or before, sounds like a plan of sorts I reckon.

______________________________________________________________________
wales flag  " Larger than life and twice as ugly" wales flag

avatar
Sparks
Vice President

Vice President



Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  majalomalk on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 22:37

sounds good to me and its no good putting me down as responsible for anything as i wont admit it yahoooo

avatar
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer



Back to top Go down

The Toon to Amsterdam,

Post  Richy Y on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 22:50

And as the patch on the back of my waistcoat says, I'm just cleverly disguised as a responsible adult. Cool

avatar
Richy Y





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  The Prospector on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 06:14

I'm only responsible if the wife, dogs and cats are all out and then only for minor decisions like do I want a cup of tea.

avatar
The Prospector





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  The Prospector on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 15:32

That's the bike all packed for tomorrow, racking brains now thinking what have I forgotten

avatar
The Prospector





Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  majalomalk on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 18:16

We are all packed as well dosnt matter what we forget once on route to late thumbs

avatar
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer



Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Recker Mark on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 18:34

All packed bring it on""

avatar
Recker Mark
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016

Post  Sparks on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 22:22

Packed, locked and loaded, look out Holland the British Invasion is on, drive safe everyone and we'll see you on the beach bike

______________________________________________________________________
wales flag  " Larger than life and twice as ugly" wales flag

avatar
Sparks
Vice President

Vice President



Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum