Club Staff Online
Friends List
December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

join us
Register

ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post new topic   

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Guzzer on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 22:13

Fire away guys,

any sensible accommodation option for the bank holiday meets is open for discussion.......

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Mick on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 07:52

Eh ?, not sure what ya mean mate :dont-know:

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Mick on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 08:02

Ah ok, just seen ya other post in the summer meet section so now this makes sense, might be
worth just expanding what ya mean mate wink

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Guzzer on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:47

This topic arises from questions posted concerning the 13th annual meet which is to be held in Sutton Coldfield in May 2016.

@Guzzer wrote:Fire away guys,

any sensible accommodation option for the bank holiday meets is open for discussion.......

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  majalomalk on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:55

The only problem i can see with trying to book larger venues in advance is we in the midlands are lucky that we can reach most parts of the country easily and people from a lot of the uk can reach us as easy.But when the venue is far north or south the meets may not be as popular so if we book larger ones in advance we may be stuck with a lot of empty rooms.I dont think there is to much wrong with the way it is organised now yes we may have to have overflows but as long as they are not far apart i dont see a problem.Only my opinion :dont-know: thumb

avatar
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Guzzer on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 12:30

I agree with you Martin. But we have the option of deciding on an area 12 months in advance & certainly within 4 weeks of reaching that decision at a meet we can get a rough estimate of all members willing & able to attend the proposed meet & get an idea of numbers.

I think it's a long way off happening at the moment & there's bound to be different factors which will affect a venues choice.

At this time I think the main thing we have to get right is the evening eating venues & being able to get everyone in the same place to socialise (& get a bit wobbly drunk )

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  majalomalk on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 13:49

respect i will agree with that one drunk thumb

avatar
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Vermin on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 19:23

Indeed, perhaps if we were able to get a shortlist together in advance it would certainly help with getting an idea of numbers. There's always gonna be folks who aren't able to commit as early as others due to work/holiday constraints but it's a good starting point.

I chose to do the 13th Meet the way I have to try and keep it fair for folks, nothing worse than those who book in later on paying nearly double the original price for rooms.


______________________________________________________________________

avatar
Vermin
Club President

Club President



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  fester on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 19:43

yep,good idea to plan ahead for where the future meets will be.midlands meet will be a popular one because its central of the island whereas the north east meet in august probably wont get as good a turnout,tho i hope im wrong.purely because for the likes of us down south,realy speaking its gonna mean us doing a 4/5 day trip which is cool for me but not everyone no doubt.theres no avoiding it i know,as we obviously cant have every meet around the middle of the country thumb

avatar
fester





Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  majalomalk on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 21:33

@Vermin wrote:Indeed, perhaps if we were able to get a shortlist together in advance it would certainly help with getting an idea of numbers. There's always gonna be folks who aren't able to commit as early as others due to work/holiday constraints but it's a good starting point.

I chose to do the 13th Meet the way I have to try and keep it fair for folks, nothing worse than those who book in later on paying nearly double the original price for rooms.

thumb

avatar
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  The Prospector on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 21:43

I can see the pro's for deciding on venues early but to put forward a "con" it's fine getting 50 or 60 peeps saying they'll come 11 months in advance and deciding on a big venue but unless you book and pay there may be drop outs as unforseen circumstances cause people to rethink and you may end up with a more modest number and a dissapointed venue. Just being devils advocate



avatar
The Prospector





Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Guzzer on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 16:40

@The Prospector wrote:I can see the pro's for deciding on venues early but to put forward a "con" it's fine getting 50 or 60 peeps saying they'll come 11 months in advance and deciding on a big venue but unless you book and pay there may be drop outs as unforseen circumstances cause people to rethink and you may end up with a more modest number and a dissapointed venue. Just being devils advocate



Another fair comment & certainly needs to be considered.

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  bignak on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 20:39

What about having one of the meets in the midlands (which is a large area) on a permanent basis and the other one traveling around the country, that way people who can't get extra time off work for traveling or whatever will at least be able to attend one meet.......and it would be great if we could find a midlands Venue(s) with land for those who want to camp.....so those who want comfort can get a room and the more adventurous among us could camp out under the stars...which i think would be a laugh.

avatar
bignak



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Mick on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 21:22

When we started these summer meets, as im sure you will remember John, we said that we
would move them both around the country, and for me personally I don't see any reason to
change that.  To me a permanent location will soon become boring, I want to see various
parts of the country that I would probably never visit otherwise. thumb

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Vermin on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 01:38

@bignak wrote:What about having one of the meets in the midlands (which is a large area) on a permanent basis and the other one traveling around the country, that way people who can't get extra time off work for traveling or whatever will at least be able to attend one meet.......and it would be great if we could find a midlands Venue(s) with land for those who want to camp.....so those who want comfort can get a room and the more adventurous among us could camp out under the stars...which i think would be a laugh.

I like this idea, perhaps at a different time from the May or August meets in addition though?...

______________________________________________________________________

avatar
Vermin
Club President

Club President



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  bignak on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 07:30

@Vermin wrote:
@bignak wrote:What about having one of the meets in the midlands (which is a large area) on a permanent basis and the other one traveling around the country, that way people who can't get extra time off work for traveling or whatever will at least be able to attend one meet.......and it would be great if we could find a midlands Venue(s) with land for those who want to camp.....so those who want comfort can get a room and the more adventurous among us could camp out under the stars...which i think would be a laugh.

I like this idea, perhaps at a different time from the May or August meets in addition though?...

Just thought it would be easier for everyone to get together at least once a year

avatar
bignak



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  bignak on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 07:54

And yeah nick. We could have a central meet seperate from the two main meets, it hasn't even be the same format....just turn up pitch ya tent or whatever, no preasure on anyone to do a rideout.......if we chose Warwickshire for instance we could have a ride into Stratford and chill out then back to the digs for a piss up.......definately summat to think about in the future depending on if people wanna do it

avatar
bignak



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  bignak on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 08:06

Apologies for going off topic as this is about bank holiday meets

avatar
bignak



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  The Prospector on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 08:09

Permanent meet venue. Here's one idea... A winter meet obviously many would use cars but somewhere like a holiday park, many do group deals over winter.

avatar
The Prospector





Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Guzzer on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 08:59

@bignak wrote:And yeah nick. We could have a central meet seperate from the two main meets, it hasn't even be the same format....just turn up pitch ya tent or whatever, no preasure on anyone to do a rideout.......if we chose Warwickshire for instance we could have a ride into Stratford and chill out then back to the digs for a piss up.......definately summat to think about in the future depending on if people wanna do it

There's been several who've mentioned something similar to me & I think it's a good idea.

At the moment we get together twice a year & it's usually North, South, East or west. As you mentioned earlier the midlands is a BIG area & there must be loads of potential venues to be found ( Not neccessarily the same one each time) that could make the club more accessible to the membership.

I like the bank holiday format & would like to stick with that & I'm sure the membership thinks the same.

The idea of an extra more informal one in the middle where new members are encouraged to just come & chill out is a good one.

Some may find it daunting & off putting to ride in a group if they've never done it before so they miss out on the bank holiday meets. So a chance to just meet up & say hi & get a feel for things & just chill is certainly worth looking into.
These extra meets don't have to be all weekenders you could just have the Saturday night. Turn up in the day, let yer hair down at night & trundle back on the Sunday.

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  bignak on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 10:12

@Guzzer wrote:
@bignak wrote:And yeah nick. We could have a central meet seperate from the two main meets, it hasn't even be the same format....just turn up pitch ya tent or whatever, no preasure on anyone to do a rideout.......if we chose Warwickshire for instance we could have a ride into Stratford and chill out then back to the digs for a piss up.......definately summat to think about in the future depending on if people wanna do it

There's been several who've mentioned something similar to me & I think it's a good idea.

At the moment we get together twice a year & it's usually North, South, East or west. As you mentioned earlier the midlands is a BIG area & there must be loads of potential venues to be found ( Not neccessarily the same one each time) that could make the club more accessible to the membership.

I like the bank holiday format & would like to stick with that & I'm sure the membership thinks the same.

The idea of an extra more informal one in the middle where new members are encouraged to just come & chill out is a good one.

Some may find it daunting & off putting to ride in a group if they've never done it before so they miss out on the bank holiday meets. So a chance to just meet up & say hi & get a feel for things & just chill is certainly worth looking into.
These extra meets don't have to be all weekenders you could just have the Saturday night. Turn up in the day, let yer hair down at night & trundle back on the Sunday.

Spot on mate, i can think of a few without even asking who would be up for it

avatar
bignak



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  fester on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 11:15

@Guzzer wrote:
@bignak wrote:And yeah nick. We could have a central meet seperate from the two main meets, it hasn't even be the same format....just turn up pitch ya tent or whatever, no preasure on anyone to do a rideout.......if we chose Warwickshire for instance we could have a ride into Stratford and chill out then back to the digs for a piss up.......definately summat to think about in the future depending on if people wanna do it

There's been several who've mentioned something similar to me & I think it's a good idea.

At the moment we get together twice a year & it's usually North, South, East or west. As you mentioned earlier the midlands is a BIG area & there must be loads of potential venues to be found ( Not neccessarily the same one each time) that could make the club more accessible to the membership.

I like the bank holiday format & would like to stick with that & I'm sure the membership thinks the same.

The idea of an extra more informal one in the middle where new members are encouraged to just come & chill out is a good one.

Some may find it daunting & off putting to ride in a group if they've never done it before so they miss out on the bank holiday meets. So a chance to just meet up & say hi & get a feel for things & just chill is certainly worth looking into.
These extra meets don't have to be all weekenders you could just have the Saturday night. Turn up in the day, let yer hair down at night & trundle back on the Sunday.
souds good to have additional meets to the two main meets thumb

avatar
fester





Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Jimbo on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 11:41

I think I remember starting a topic about havin a static meet somewhere central in the hope the it would attract members from all directions & I remember it going through a vote & being blown out of the water coffee bolloks pooh

avatar
Jimbo





Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  fester on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 11:56

@Jimbo wrote:I think I remember starting a topic about havin a static meet somewhere central in the hope the it would attract members from all directions & I remember it going through a vote & being blown out of the water coffee bolloks pooh
i must of missed that one,sorry Jimbo

avatar
fester





Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  bignak on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 16:24

@Jimbo wrote:I think I remember starting a topic about havin a static meet somewhere central in the hope the it would attract members from all directions & I remember it going through a vote & being blown out of the water coffee bolloks pooh

I think that was along the lines of what i said about changing one of the bank holiday meets to a permanent midlands location Jim......there's nothing stopping those who want a additional midlands meet having one

avatar
bignak



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  pie on Sun 20 Sep 2015, 06:28

i fucking love the idea. means i get to abuse you all more ... do it!!! shame i got to go to England to do it but still needs must

avatar
pie



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Guzzer on Sun 20 Sep 2015, 09:47

I'm sure we'll welcome you over the border with open arms pie. massive hug

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Jimbo on Sun 20 Sep 2015, 13:37

festersvan wrote:
@Jimbo wrote:I think I remember starting a topic about havin a static meet somewhere central in the hope the it would attract members from all directions & I remember it going through a vote & being blown out of the water coffee bolloks pooh
i must of missed that one,sorry Jimbo

oh dear me Ner Ner

avatar
Jimbo





Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Jimbo on Sun 20 Sep 2015, 13:44

@bignak wrote:
@Jimbo wrote:I think I remember starting a topic about havin a static meet somewhere central in the hope the it would attract members from all directions & I remember it going through a vote & being blown out of the water coffee bolloks pooh

I think that was along the lines of what i said about changing one of the bank holiday meets to a permanent midlands location Jim......there's nothing stopping those who want a additional midlands meet having one

Yeah John a permanent replacement & a 3rd annual meet was mentioned along with the possibility of finding a location we could use year on year hopefully big enough to keep everyone together, & yeah well be starting up the monthly meets again soon bud possibly at Barton Marina, what ya reckon reckon m8 thumb

avatar
Jimbo





Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  paul81272 on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 14:01

If places are booked early large venues I'm sure would be better but if people are willing to add their name to a list they must also be willing to add 30 or 40 quid as a deposit (non refundable) say 6 months in advance, most hotels have a perfectly acceptable cancellation policy which in some cases you can cancel up to 24 hours before no hassle.

avatar
paul81272



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  IntruderM800 on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 18:14

I'm new to the club, and biking.
The idea of getting away on the bike and meeting up with folk with the same idea of biking (cruisers), is fab...

But, it's amazing how often work or some other crap gets in the way!?!

So for me, more meets means more opportunity to go. And if you miss one, there's always another soon?
A cheap hotel in the middle of nowhere for an overnight stay with a few beers and good company, what's not to like?
So it's only my opinion, but more meets could be the ideal solution to getting club members together.
That may not be ALL at the same place and same time, but over the year we get to know everyone...

Ps, a non refundable deposit in advance is more than acceptable.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON eat cheers cheers cheers

avatar
IntruderM800



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  spook on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 20:06

Would love to keep the bank holiday meets moving around the country we have some great meets in some great places, sometimes we have had only a hand full of bike turn up and then we have 30 plus but if there is one thing that is always there it's the friendship of people willing to travel sometimes 100s of mile, and sometimes to meet complete strangers and have a good time and may it long continue .
If people want a meet in one area then why not have a third meet more the merrier we can always try it out and see how it goes.

______________________________________________________________________
Older...Wiser..... My Arse

avatar
spook





Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Guzzer on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 20:58

@spook wrote:Would love to keep the bank holiday meets moving around the country we have some great meets in some great places, sometimes we have had only a hand full of bike turn up and then we have 30 plus but if there is one thing that is always there it's the friendship of people willing to travel sometimes 100s of mile, and sometimes to meet complete strangers and have a good time and may it long continue .
If people want a meet in one area then why not have a third meet more the merrier we can always try it out and see how it goes.

As far as I'm concerned the bank holiday meets are a must & as you say they move around the country & are a great opportunity to see new places & meet great people.

Any extra meets, ride outs, events (like the RTTW this year, had a great time with Vic & Steve) etc. are very welcome.
These bikes are meant to be ridden so a full summers weekend agenda is a great idea.

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  ang_vzr1800 on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 08:31

Now then guys, got couple of queries regarding the first meet,
Does anybody know the overflow venue that other bikers are using, ?
And will anybody be travelling down from North Lincolnshire for the meeting?
Thanks in advance

avatar
ang_vzr1800



Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA

Post  Guzzer on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 08:56

@ang_vzr1800 wrote:Now then guys, got couple of queries regarding the first meet,
Does anybody know the overflow venue that other bikers are using, ?  
And will anybody be travelling down from North Lincolnshire for the meeting?  
Thanks in advance

Hi mate. If you mean this Mays meet (13th annual meet in Sutton Coldfield) please look at the 13th annual meet posting or send a PM to Vermin. He's arranging all the accommodation & can easily give you any info you need.

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum