Register

13th IOCUK Summer Meet - 30th April to 2nd May 2016

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 13th IOCUK Summer Meet - 30th April to 2nd May 2016

Post  paul81272 on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 14:11

@Guzzer wrote:
@Vermin wrote:
@pie wrote: me and ali pls but guys if we are using overflow hotels aint there any that are closer its a bit of a fucking nightmare if we want to go on the piss to get back to hotels and the like ...... if these things are getting bigger and they are by the looks we need to start looking at bigger hotels i think ... if you think about it this post as only been up for just over 2 weeks and its full already

Closer? As it stands the other hotel I've got planned is a 2 minute walk away from the Westfield on the same road; and the pub is in-between them. :dont-know:

I know it's not ideal having an overflow hotel but this was the place I had in mind due to the price, the only hotel locally available that could accommodate everyone is the Fort Dunlop Travelodge...if you tap that place into Tripadvisor, you'll see why I chose not to have it there! thumb

Let me know if that's O.K. with you

Well guys, it seems our meets are getting really popular & rightly so.

Your points are very valid Pie & it might be a good idea if we look into planning each meet a year in advance (next august is in the northeast so we're already on the case with that one).

What do you guys think of discussing the May 2017 meet at the May 2016 meet ?

It might also be worth considering only looking at venues that can accommodate up to 60 guests to give us the best chance of getting everyone at the same venue.
Obviously price plays a large part in finding the right venue but if planned well ahead it gives us the best chance of pulling it off.

The most important thing is to keep it affordable.

If you book Premier Inn nice and early you can get them super cheap, they are usually of a fairly good standard, they more often than not have a pub next door, they are often fairly large and they are bloody everywhere and the car parks are well lit and have CCTV. Just a thought.

paul81272

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 14:28

@paul81272 wrote:

If you book Premier Inn nice and early you can get them super cheap, they are usually of a fairly good standard, they more often than not have a pub next door, they are often fairly large and they are bloody everywhere and the car parks are well lit and have CCTV. Just a thought.

Not strictly true unfortunately, because we use bank holiday weekends, you may get it fairly reasonable
(depending on location / popularity) but certainly not super cheap. wink

Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  paul81272 on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 15:17

I often get the 30 quid a night deals in the Premier Inn in Croxley Green when I'm visiting London (not that I've been for a good while) and thought that if given enough notice we could shop around.

paul81272

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 15:38

The main thing is "bank holiday" weekends, you just will not get the £29 deals at those times. thumb

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  paul81272 on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 16:02

@Mick wrote:The main thing is "bank holiday" weekends, you just will not get the £29 deals at those times. thumb

oh ok, fair play

paul81272

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 19:19

@pie wrote:Vermin i wasn't having a go fella. Its top your organising it i know how hard it is just in a previous post you said a mile or 2 apart .... on guzzers post organising meets a year ahead aint really a issue the meets are held same dates every yr its just who organises them that changes ... i do agree tho 60+ guest is gonna be a nightmare to find hotels ...maybe just maybe its time to look and think bigger ... caravan parks, fields for camping like rallys just some ideas for us to discuss

Absolutely, and I take your comments on board. I do agree that we need to look at other options now, with the size of these meets ever growing thumb

Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  bignak on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 20:16

@Guzzer wrote:OK,

THERE'S NOW A TOPIC PAGE IN THE FULL MEMBERS GENERAL CHAT AREA TITLED

"ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA"

Please post any suggestions there, all are welcomed.

I thought the meets were open to paying members and none paying members alike?......there is a section for summer meets info so why start it in the "full members chat" where some can't see it?

bignak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudemyster on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 07:58

@bignak wrote:
@Guzzer wrote:OK,

THERE'S NOW A TOPIC PAGE IN THE FULL MEMBERS GENERAL CHAT AREA TITLED

"ALTERNATIVE VENUES FOR BANK HOLIDAY MEETS DISCUSSION AREA"

Please post any suggestions there, all are welcomed.

I thought the meets were open to paying members and none paying members alike?......there is a section for summer meets info so why start it in the "full members chat"  where some can't see it?

I agree with John on this, the discussion regarding meets should be open to everyone.

Rudemyster

Back to top Go down

Post  fester on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 08:47

Yep,Same here.all members need an input on the meets thumb

fester

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 08:54

If Guzzer lets either myself or Vermin know the topic can be moved to this section thumb

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 09:52

Although we have an open invite to non paying members and even non members and which I think is right, I believe decisions like this should just be for fully paid members otherwise we are diluting the benefits of paying for membership :dont-know: :dont-know: :dont-know:

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  bignak on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 10:24

@marshman wrote:Although we have an open invite to non paying members and even non members and which I think is right, I believe decisions like this should just be for fully paid members otherwise we are diluting the benefits of paying for membership :dont-know: :dont-know: :dont-know:

But surley if the meets are open to all and everyone is encouraged to attend and we have a sections for meets and rideouts for all to see it doesn't look good not letting all see it, just because they ain't paid up members doesn't mean they ain't got some good ideas and input.

bignak

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 10:34

@bignak wrote:
@marshman wrote:Although we have an open invite to non paying members and even non members and which I think is right, I believe decisions like this should just be for fully paid members otherwise we are diluting the benefits of paying for membership :dont-know: :dont-know: :dont-know:

But surley if the meets are open to all and everyone is encouraged to attend and we have a sections for meets and rideouts for all to see it doesn't look good not letting all see it, just because they ain't paid up members doesn't mean they ain't got some good ideas and input.

Think the wrong message got across...... I think everyone should see but input on decisions on where and when should only be for fully paid members

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzzer on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 16:48

@Mick wrote:If Guzzer lets either myself or Vermin know the topic can be moved to this section thumb

Oops, sorry guys.  oh dear me

Can either you or Vermin move this topic to the appropriate section. thumb

Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 16:59

ok done. thumb

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  fester on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 20:38

@marshman wrote:
@bignak wrote:

Think the wrong message got across...... I think everyone should see but input on decisions on where and when should only be for fully paid members
decisions??? I cant see the logic in that meself mate.i dont think any bike meets/ride outs etc should be limited to any members whether you are a paid up member or not  :dont-know: the more input and ideas that are thrown in,the better i reckon

fester

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 21:00

festersvan wrote:
@marshman wrote:
@bignak wrote:

decisions??? I cant see the logic in that meself mate.i dont think any bike meets/ride outs etc should be limited to any members whether you are a paid up member or not  :dont-know: the more input and ideas that are thrown in,the better i reckon

But if non members deserve and want an input why don't they pay up and support the club. As I said before it just dilutes the reason to be paid up member. And as again said before I fully agree meets should be open for all which hopefully encourages others to join but I still believe the two summer meet locations should be made by paid up members only.

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  fester on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 21:14

@marshman wrote:
festersvan wrote:
@marshman wrote:
@bignak wrote:

decisions??? I cant see the logic in that meself mate.i dont think any bike meets/ride outs etc should be limited to any members whether you are a paid up member or not  :dont-know: the more input and ideas that are thrown in,the better i reckon[/quote

But if non members deserve and want an input why don't they pay up and support the club. As I said before it just dilutes the reason to be paid up member. And as again said before I fully agree meets should be open for all which hopefully encourages others to join but I still believe the two summer meet locations should be made by paid up members only.
are the bike meets there to encourage as many members as possible to join in on the meets ? im a fully paid member but the majority of members on here are not,as are a lot of forums.I dont get into the politics of members who are paying for full membership and members who dont on forums/clubs myself,we all have a choice but as far as bike meets are concearned,i think it should be an open to all topic

fester

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 21:17

@marshman wrote: but I still believe the two summer meet locations should be made by paid up members only.

They are mate, the location for the next meet is decided by those who attend the previous meeting
which is mostly attended by around 99% of full members anyway. thumb

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 21:31

@Mick wrote:
@marshman wrote: but I still believe the two summer meet locations should be made by paid up members only.

They are mate, the location for the next meet is decided by those who attend the previous meeting
which is mostly attended by around 99% of full members anyway. thumb

thumb thumb

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 01:44

Right folks, I'll be popping up the hotel again Monday to update the lists and make sure everyone is booked in up to now. I'll start making arrangements for the food etc.

Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  majalomalk on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 07:48

@Vermin wrote:Right folks, I'll be popping up the hotel again Monday to update the lists and make sure everyone is booked in up to now. I'll start making arrangements for the food etc.

thumb

majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzzer on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 09:04

Nice one Nick thumb

Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  fairweatherrider on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 09:14

thumb cool 2

fairweatherrider
Membership Secretary

Membership Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  fester on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 11:58

@Vermin wrote:Right folks, I'll be popping up the hotel again Monday to update the lists and make sure everyone is booked in up to now. I'll start making arrangements for the food etc.
thumb

fester

Back to top Go down

Post  pie on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 14:50

Tip top

pie

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:08

Alright folks, went and sorted out the bookings yesterday. Carole will be getting in touch with the overflow hotel to book the others in hopefully by the end of the week, once I have confirmation of this I will update the list. thumb

As I mentioned before, anyone staying at another hotel is welcome to breakfast at the Westfield and is also more than welcome to leave their bike there if they prefer.

Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  fester on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 17:48

@Vermin wrote:Alright folks, went and sorted out the bookings yesterday. Carole will be getting in touch with the overflow hotel to book the others in hopefully by the end of the week, once I have confirmation of this I will update the list. thumb

As I mentioned before, anyone staying at another hotel is welcome to breakfast at the Westfield and is also more than welcome to leave their bike there if they prefer.
thumb

fester

Back to top Go down

Post  paul81272 on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 19:54

@Vermin wrote:Alright folks, went and sorted out the bookings yesterday. Carole will be getting in touch with the overflow hotel to book the others in hopefully by the end of the week, once I have confirmation of this I will update the list. thumb

#

thanks

paul81272

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbo on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 20:19

How's the list of attendees lookin now then :?:

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 21:28

Don't forget I'm not staying, so don't think I've taken a room guys.

IANTHAIN25

Back to top Go down

Post  pie on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 19:29

Nick i aint heard of nobody mate?

pie

Back to top Go down

Post  pie on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 19:30

sorry miss read the post

pie

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 23:28

@pie wrote:sorry miss read the post

Carole will have everything in hand, I'll pop over and check everything over again when I'm off shift next week thumb

Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  spook on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 20:18

You had better put Susan and me down for the meet it just wouldn't be the same without us lol

spook

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzzer on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 21:05

@spook wrote:You had better put Susan and me down for the meet it just wouldn't be the same without us lol

A meet without the Spooks isn't a proper meet I say.    massive hug  thumb

Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  fairweatherrider on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 21:48

I agree with you there guzzer who would take the photographs lol Very Happy thumb

fairweatherrider
Membership Secretary

Membership Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 12:37

@spook wrote:You had better put Susan and me down for the meet it just wouldn't be the same without us lol

thumb Popping back over to the hotel sometime soon to confirm everyone up to now! Will keep ya posted!

Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  Silky on Sat 21 Nov 2015, 20:04

Pls put me down for the meet. No need for accomodation. Cheers

Silky

Back to top Go down

Post  Silky on Sat 21 Nov 2015, 20:41

Ive already said im going, as it would be great to put faces to names. And its been 25 years since i last went to a rally. but what actually happens at theses meets.

I presume its not like a rally, as no one has mentioned muddy camping fields, and shit filled bogs.

Also, (and i know this has been a sensitive subject) (and im not pissing on anyones chips, so keep your hair on) but the accomodation makes me wonder if i should bring my pipe and slippers.

I may be older, fatter & greyer. But ive still got a bit of rock & roll left in me. ( as long as ive had my sanategen)

Silky

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sat 21 Nov 2015, 22:46

We drink eat talk bullshit and go for a little ride round that's about it... did I mention drinking.

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzzer on Sat 21 Nov 2015, 23:13

We turn up at the hotel on Saturday, eat, drink, & generally make merry.

On the Sunday there's a ride out organised by local members. Usually around 100 to 150 miles with stops for refreshments (usually 3 or 4).

Sunday night, more food & drink & as Prospector (Martin) says generally talk bollocks. There's a presentation for the furthest travelled followed by yet more drink.

Then back to reality on Monday.

All in all its just like minded folks who just happen to own one of, if not the best looking cruiser out there, getting together for a laugh & joke. The ride outs are a great way of seeing parts of the country you would generally never go to.
Oh! & making a bit of a statement when we come rumbling into town (there's usually 30+ bikes)

Have a look at some of the pics & vids of the 12 previous meets, you'll soon get the gist of things.

It'll be good to see you there mrganderson or shall I call you Silky.

Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Silky on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 09:31

Sounds like i should bring some asprin and Barrocca

Looking forward to it.

Silky

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 20:38

@Silky wrote:Sounds like i should bring some asprin and Barrocca

Looking forward to it.

Indeed!

What happens in Belgium, stays in Belgium... right guys??? sofa hide

Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 22:35

@Vermin wrote:

Looking forward to it.

Indeed!

What happens in Belgium, stays in Belgium... right guys??? sofa hide

Nick it stays in Belgium ( that's row of Leffe beer and you helping yerself egged on by me and Richy, still laughing )  and Silky get yer arse to a meet coz it's alright we're not dead yet, in fact get yer arse to the Holland meet, in double fact that goes to a lot of lads and laddessess's  on here let's blitz the meet with a bumper bunch from good old blighty thumb

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  Silky on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 23:02

Ok sparks you sweet talking thing. Ive checked the dates, and im up for holland!

Is a campng thing, or are we going posh, and where is it.

The good news is, if my bike breaks down, there are no hills to push it up.
Ill also make a break of it and do a few extra days. Or even a week.

Silky

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzzer on Mon 23 Nov 2015, 09:02

Looking forward to it.

You can smoke whatever you like !  roll on floor laughi  ya gotta laugh though. We must be getting old lol, gone are the days when you'd bring a couple of bottles of JD & God knows what else to keep ya going coffee

Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Boney on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 20:47

Hi can't make the meet so soz:( needs must and the bikes going up for sale ... Just been billed for an xtra uni year for my lad at full cost so best tell you now and cancel my place ....

Boney

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 21:54

@Boney wrote:Hi can't make the meet so soz:( needs must and the bikes going up for sale ... Just been billed for an xtra uni year for my lad at full cost so best tell you now and cancel my place ....

No worries mate, thanks for letting us know and hope things pick up for you, sorry to hear it!

Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 22:04

Hiya folks, this is a list of people who have requested a hotel room for the May meet up to now.

If you think you should be on the list; and aren't...gimmee a shout! thumb I will be popping along to the hotel ASAP to confirm further details and how many overflow rooms are needed.

Festersvan + Alyson
Kennyjoy + 1
Mick + Sheila
Jason007 + Annette
Coventrykid
Guzzer + Julie
Prospector + Sharron
Fairweatherrider
Majalomalc + Kathy
Hillwalker + Amanda
Terrystephens + Amanda
Creamytash + Sue