Calendar Calendar

join us
Register

EIC Holland 2016 dates and location

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: EIC Holland 2016 dates and location

Post  paul81272 on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 09:02

@Mick wrote:DO NOT book anything apart from your crossing guys, as Richy Y says, the price you
pay to the IOCH will include your accomodation, meals, entertainment, etc etc.

Bugger, sorry guys I didn't know. Any Idea how much the IOCH will want?

paul81272

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:18

@paul81272 wrote:
@Mick wrote:DO NOT book anything apart from your crossing guys, as Richy Y says, the price you

not yet Paul, once they announce the cost and info on how to pay (usually a bank transfer) you
can ask them then thumb

Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  paul81272 on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:21

@Mick wrote:
@paul81272 wrote:

not yet Paul, once they announce the cost and info on how to pay (usually a bank transfer) you
can ask them then thumb

ok, thanks

paul81272

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudemyster on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 14:57

@thecoventrykid wrote:Having looked at distances,times and prices I will go harwich to the hook on stenna line. Seems fairly cheap and a nights sleep in cabin. sails 23.00 to 08.00 arrive and all day to get to venue.

Hi Laurie

I agree that looks like the best route and good price.

Rudemyster

Back to top Go down

Post  paul81272 on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 15:37

Rudemyster3 wrote:
@thecoventrykid wrote:Having looked at distances,times and prices I will go harwich to the hook on stenna line. Seems fairly cheap and a nights sleep in cabin. sails 23.00 to 08.00 arrive and all day to get to venue.

Hi Laurie

are you guys traveling on the Thursday night?

paul81272

Back to top Go down

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 17:26

@paul81272 wrote:
Rudemyster3 wrote:

Hi Laurie

are you guys traveling on the Thursday night?

I'm planning to make a long holiday of it, might even go the Sat before if I can sort accommodation.

IANTHAIN25

Back to top Go down

Post  fairweatherrider on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 22:16

I'm thinking of leaving on the 8th and returning on the 16th

fairweatherrider
Membership Secretary

Membership Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  thecoventrykid on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 23:07

I am hoping to go on Thursday Paul. And probably back on Sunday. G

thecoventrykid

Back to top Go down

Post  paul81272 on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 08:09

@thecoventrykid wrote:I am hoping to go on Thursday Paul. And probably back on Sunday.  G

OK a couple of us are possibly leaving on the Thursday and arriving in Rotterdam on friday morning (09:00) via Hull so if your ferry docks in the AM we could meet up and ride to the venue as a group.

Would be great if regardless of route taken we all arrive at the venue together on Friday afternoon, Ive heard the Euro Intruder guys put on a good do so lets try and arrive in style??

paul81272

Back to top Go down

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 08:18

If I go over earlier, I'll try and come and meet you off the ferry.

IANTHAIN25

Back to top Go down

Post  paul81272 on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 08:24

@IANTHAIN25 wrote:If I go over earlier, I'll try and come and meet you off the ferry.

Maybe there should be a predefined place to meet up for the big ride in on Friday?? I know there are multiple arrival dates, arrival ports etc. but maybe we could all meet up in Amsterdam or something like that?? I don't know Amsterdam at all but there must be a place we could gather over a period of a couple of hours?

paul81272

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudemyster on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 15:48

I'll be travelling Thursday arriving Friday early am

Rudemyster

Back to top Go down

Post  paul81272 on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 16:18

Rudemyster3 wrote:I'll be travelling Thursday arriving Friday early am

Same here, not 100% sure where I'm sailing from yet, depends what day the guys leave in the North East, will be Hull otherwise, but would be awesome to ride "mob handed" once we are on mainland Europe.

paul81272

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Fri 11 Dec 2015, 21:58

[quote="paul81272"]
@marshman wrote:I am going via Dover....whole trip only 330ish miles might leave a day earlier and stop off after some sight seeing and do same on return too..... :dont-know: :dont-know: cant see the point in me paying for overnight ferry and not sleeping well

Hi if I'm going I will be traveling down to Dover it's a great run upto Amsterdam from there being a international truck driver I know the roads well plus the cost of ferry from up north is way over the top plus the cost of ferry return from Dover is only £68
And it's a 3hrs-30min ride up bit longer if you go coast route . I will keep you informed and we can meet up and go together
Regards
Bikermike bike bike

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  HILLWALKER on Fri 11 Dec 2015, 22:31

Tunnel for us then up the coast might be on the Thursday I think a stop over then onto the venue then A tootle about for a day or two. Not really thought it through yet
Get the mass turkey thing out of the way then will put the brain
back in gaer Very Happy

HILLWALKER

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Fri 11 Dec 2015, 22:41

Keep in touch I'm up for it

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  HILLWALKER on Sun 13 Dec 2015, 15:27

@bikermike27 wrote:Keep in touch I'm up for it
thumb

HILLWALKER

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 18:58

@bikermike27 wrote:
@paul81272 wrote:
@marshman wrote:I am going via Dover....whole trip only 330ish miles might leave a day earlier and stop off after some sight seeing and do same on return too..... :dont-know: :dont-know: cant see the point in me paying for overnight ferry and not sleeping well

Hi if I'm going I will be traveling down to Dover it's a great run upto Amsterdam from there  being a international truck driver I know the roads well plus the cost of ferry from up north is way over the top plus the cost of ferry return from Dover is only £68
And it's a 3hrs-30min ride up bit longer if you go coast route . I will keep you informed and we can meet up and go together
Regards
Bikermike bike  bike

coast route appeals to me thumb ......keep in touch after festives bike bike

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 19:01

@HILLWALKER wrote:Tunnel for us then up the coast might be on the Thursday I think a stop over then onto the venue then A tootle about for a day or two. Not really thought it through yet
Get the mass turkey thing out of the way then will put the brain
back in gaer Very Happy

you having chips with your turkey Paul or do you maintain tradition for Xmas eat eat eat

Keep in touch re booking euro trip mate.

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 19:44

Will keep in touch like you say get the Xmas stuff out the way first lol bike

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazyboy on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 21:13

Have you consider taking ferry from Hull to Rotterdam? Or ride to Dover and take ferry from there?

Lazyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 21:28

I think for south riders hull is a bit far to travel much easier Dover bike

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazyboy on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 22:36

@bikermike27 wrote:I think for south riders hull is a bit far to travel much easier  Dover bike

Depends on if you want to party first with guys from north Very Happy

Lazyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 23:27

Party whith lads when we get there be to knackered buy time we get up north lol censored wheelchair

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudemyster on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 18:03

@Lazyboy wrote:

Have you consider taking ferry from Hull to Rotterdam? Or ride to Dover and take ferry from there?

Not looked at it Pat, I don't mind distance just looking for cheapest route .

Rudemyster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazyboy on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 20:04

Rudemyster3 wrote:
@Lazyboy wrote:

Not looked at it Pat, I don't mind distance just looking for cheapest route .

So that will be a riding then.

Lazyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks on Sun 20 Dec 2015, 18:53

@Richy Y wrote:I think I have mentioned this before, when we went to Belgium and I was going on my own, the price was £217.  When Dave and Mark decided to go it brought the price down to £155 and that included breakfast and evening meal in both directions.

Which ever way everyone decides to go I think that the more going on whichever route you choose should drive the price down by doing a block booking.

As some one has already mentioned, instead of blocking this thread, I will open a new one, "The Toon to Amsterdam, June 2016".  If you wish to join us on this route will you add your name(s) and when we think we have the numbers I will inquire about the price.  We can then decide on which day we leave and when we will return, places to stay, things to see etc.  We can also make arrangements to meet with the others who are travelling from other routes and ride into the event in one big group on the Friday.

If others want to start other threads for their chosen routes, we can keep this thread for keeping all who are going informed.  Looking forward to this more than Christmas. Very Happy

Yeah count us in Richy we'll go from the Toon, did think about the Hull port but what the hell is another hour up to your neck of the woods.

Like everyone's said use the ferry ports your comfortable with and we'll sort out meeting up across the water later, and as Paul says it would be good if we could get the IOCUK contingent all together to ride in as one dance

Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveE on Mon 21 Dec 2015, 15:53

Well for the first time since Southampton, I might, it is not definite yet, make Holland.  At this moment I am looking to travel on the Thursday via the Chunnel and be at the venue on the same day. So as to meet up with our Dutch friends early and have a few beers with them in the evening. I cannot go sooner because of time restraints and I have family commitments on the 16th June so I’ll have to travel back to UK on the Sunday.  Anyone going East on the A303 on that Thursday I can meet them at the Cartgate roundabout rest area at the Yeovil turning and travel to Dover with them.  Other than that I will see everybody there.  To go as a whole group is excellent but all the other ports are too far me for such a short stay except possibly Harwich.  I haven’t as yet looked at any ferry prices.  If I am on my own I think meeting up somewhere on the Friday and arriving as a group is a great idea, but may be difficult to achieve.
Cheers and ride safe.

DaveE

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazyboy on Mon 21 Dec 2015, 19:36

@DaveE wrote:Well for the first time since Southampton, I might, it is not definite yet, make Holland.  At this moment I am looking to travel on the Thursday via the Chunnel and be at the venue on the same day. So as to meet up with our Dutch friends early and have a few beers with them in the evening. I cannot go sooner because of time restraints and I have family commitments on the 16th June so I’ll have to travel back to UK on the Sunday.  Anyone going East on the A303 on that Thursday I can meet them at the Cartgate roundabout rest area at the Yeovil turning and travel to Dover with them.  Other than that I will see everybody there.  To go as a whole group is excellent but all the other ports are too far me for such a short stay except possibly Harwich.  I haven’t as yet looked at any ferry prices.  If I am on my own I think meeting up somewhere on the Friday and arriving as a group is a great idea, but may be difficult to achieve.
Cheers and ride safe.

Cartgate is not far from me so sounds like a plan Very Happy

Lazyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 17:44

@Lazyboy wrote:
@DaveE wrote:Well for the first time since Southampton, I might, it is not definite yet, make Holland.  At this moment I am looking to travel on the Thursday via the Chunnel and be at the venue on the same day. So as to meet up with our Dutch friends early and have a few beers with them in the evening. I cannot go sooner because of time restraints and I have family commitments on the 16th June so I’ll have to travel back to UK on the Sunday.  Anyone going East on the A303 on that Thursday I can meet them at the Cartgate roundabout rest area at the Yeovil turning and travel to Dover with them.  Other than that I will see everybody there.  To go as a whole group is excellent but all the other ports are too far me for such a short stay except possibly Harwich.  I haven’t as yet looked at any ferry prices.  If I am on my own I think meeting up somewhere on the Friday and arriving as a group is a great idea, but may be difficult to achieve.
Cheers and ride safe.

Cartgate is not far from me so sounds like a plan Very Happy
I done some checking on ferry price if you leave on Thursday and return on Sunday from Dover to Calais it worked out at £66 if I'm going that's the way I'm traveling will let you know when we get closer to date bike

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveE on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 19:47

Thanks for the replies guys.  Looks good, maybe we should meet up in the new year. If there is enough people going that way we should open up a separate thread, like others intend to do for their routes, just a thought.

DaveE

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazyboy on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 19:55

@DaveE wrote:Thanks for the replies guys.  Looks good, maybe we should meet up in the new year. If there is enough people going that way we should open up a separate thread, like others intend to do for their routes, just a thought.

Definately, I am up for that Smile

Lazyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldcollo on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 11:12

Biker mike 27 and Dave,

My son, Collo and I are hoping to use the same route and similar timings. We'll be coming up from Bournemouth & Southampton so perhaps we can meet up en route..

Oldcollo

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes on Sat 26 Dec 2015, 10:30

Well if the bikes rebuilt and I have the money can count me in if not mat have to Hire a bike for the trip.
Only to.e will tell

Wes

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 22:39

I'm up for meeting all riders going the south route when we get near to the time of going we all need to get in touch and sort our a meeting point along the way if that's OK with southern riders bike

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 22:43

[quote="Lazyboy"]
@DaveE wrote:Thanks for the replies guys.  Looks good, maybe we should meet up in the new year. If there is enough people going that way we should open up a separate thread, like others intend to do for their routes, just a thought.

Definately, I am up for that Smile
I'm in for that

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Thu 31 Dec 2015, 16:50

@paul81272 wrote:
@IANTHAIN25 wrote:If I go over earlier, I'll try and come and meet you off the ferry.

Maybe there should be a predefined place to meet up for the big ride in on Friday?? I know there are multiple arrival dates, arrival ports etc. but maybe we could all meet up in Amsterdam or something like that?? I don't know Amsterdam at all but there must be a place we could gather over a period of a couple of hours?

Sounds like a great idea, I remember heading over to Belgium last year there was a good assembly of us together down in Ashford for the channel crossing and ride over to the accommodation.

Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Meeting place in Holland

Post  Oldcollo on Thu 31 Dec 2015, 16:53

Sounds like a plan.....

Oldcollo

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Thu 31 Dec 2015, 18:12

[quote="Vermin"][quote="paul81272"]

Maybe there should be a predefined place to meet up for the big ride in on Friday?? I know there are multiple arrival dates, arrival ports etc. but maybe we could all meet up in Amsterdam or something like that?? I don't know Amsterdam at all but there must be a place we could gather over a period of a couple of hours?[/quote

Sounds like a great idea, I remember heading over to Belgium last year there was a good assembly of us together down in Ashford for the channel crossing and ride over to the accommodation.
Best idea so far we could all meet up no matter what way you go then bike

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  dcapaldi45 on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 20:56

Hi
Myself and the judge , have book the Harwich to the hook of holland ferry overnight crossing for thursday 9th of June, not a bad price with food on board.
But will come back another route, probable the following Tuesday

Darren

dcapaldi45

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 21:10

@dcapaldi45 wrote:Hi
Myself and the judge , have book the Harwich to the hook of holland ferry overnight crossing  for thursday 9th of June, not a bad price with food on board.
But will come back another route, probable the following Tuesday

What was the cost for ferry bike

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  dcapaldi45 on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 21:35

Hi
That was £146 for one way, the cost include overnight crossing with 2 bed cabin and a 3 course meal plus your bike and that was for 2 of us

dcapaldi45

Back to top Go down

Post  bikermike27 on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 21:39

@dcapaldi45 wrote:Hi
That was £146 for one way, the cost include  overnight crossing with 2 bed cabin  and a  3 course meal plus your bike and that was for 2 of us

That's a good price any news on where to stay bike

bikermike27

Back to top Go down

Post  dcapaldi45 on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 22:25

Not just yet hmmm

dcapaldi45

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazyboy on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 22:44

I've just booked Harwich to the Hook of Holland ferry overnight crossing for Thursday 9th June and return on Sunday night, with 3 course dinner, breakfast, cabin - 1 person and one bike for £229 Very Happy

Lazyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  thecoventrykid on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 08:33

Hi. I have now booked the same Thurs to sun night sailings but without the meal package and flexible tickets for £180.
Laurie

thecoventrykid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazyboy on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 15:15

@thecoventrykid wrote:Hi. I have now booked the same Thurs to sun night sailings  but without the meal package and flexible tickets for £180.
Laurie

So there will be couple of us on same ferry Smile sounds like a partyyy ;) drunk cheers 🍺

Just joking ;)

Lazyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudemyster on Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:56

I'm also now booked in, will be going with Pat and Laurie .

Rudemyster

Back to top Go down

EIC Holland 2016 dates

Post  Richy Y on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 15:59

I have made a block booking for 9 of us in 5 cabins from The Toon to Amsterdam. Works out at £201 each which includes our evening meal, considering it's a 16 1/2 crossing I don't think it's to bad.

Richy

Richy Y

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzzer on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 22:21

There's a chance I can get some time off & do the meet.

I've got a mission to go on in Germany so if I can get the time off I'll be going through the tunnel on Wednesday  8th June & stopping somewhere near Hamm (about 500 miles from my place).
Then on Thursday 9th June completing my mission in Germany & riding to somewhere on the Dutch border for the night.
Friday 10th June hope to meet up with some of you & ride in to the venue.
Saturday / Sunday, fun & games. dance drunk roll on floor laughi spank cheers sofa hide massive hug sheep shagger (sorry Dave ) lol.
Monday 13th stop off near Calais for the night.
Tuesday 14th cross over to dear old Blighty & steady ride home.
All in all around 1600 to 1800 miles eyebrows

Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum