Club Staff Online
Friends List
December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

join us
Register

6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post new topic   

View previous topic View next topic Go down

6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 08:58



Ok folks, we are the hosting Country / Club for the 6th European Intruder Convention 2015.

We have a lot of work to do and need to get started on the organisation of it straight away.
One of the main things is getting a site that are willing to let us hold it there, so if anyone has
any ideas please PM the info to me and I will pass it onto Geoff (The Judge) who is sorting out
a plan.

What we need ideally is somewhere that has caravans / Cabins, plus camping space, they also need
to be able to cater for at least 150 people, possibly more.  Exact date to be decided, but it will
probably be mid June.

We will be needing people to go visit any potential location to scout it out and get prices, and
we are going to need lots of volunteers for "Crew" on the weekend, plus rideout marshals etc etc.

Please don't mentions Butlins / Pontins as a location because they are crap and won't work for us
and what we require.  thumb

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  DJLexie on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 15:40

Awww but I love Butlins*

It all depends on work and dates of course but if I'm there I'll happily volunteer.


avatar
DJLexie





Back to top Go down

6th-european-intruder-convention-uk-2015

Post  dcapaldi45 on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 19:43

Hi myself and Cath had a cracking weekend, over too soon, looking forward 2015 meet, will volunteer for next year

Darren

avatar
dcapaldi45





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 19:46

cheers Guys.....we need to find a location willing to let us hold it first.  thumb 

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Alex on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 21:00

i'm seeing my Hobourne group contact this week mate, they have everything we just has at the belgian site, chances are they will want refs from previous sites

avatar
Alex



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  majalomalk on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 21:20

Any help me and kath can be no probs always willing to do our share . Martin and kathy

avatar
majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  HILLWALKER on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 22:15

thumb  will be there for the club to help with what is needed

avatar
HILLWALKER





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  DJLexie on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 22:57

I've contacted 'the biker guide' to see if they can recommend anywhere that fulfils our requirements.

I'll let you know if I hear anything back from them

avatar
DJLexie





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 07:54

@Alex wrote:i'm seeing my Hobourne group  contact this week mate, they have everything we just has at the belgian site, chances are they will want refs from previous sites

See what they say first mate and then if they want a reference i'll contact Mieke and see if we can
get one from Belgium  thumb 

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Alex on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:13

@Mick wrote:
@Alex wrote:i'm seeing my Hobourne group  contact this week mate, they have everything we just has at the belgian site, chances are they will want refs from previous sites

See what they say first mate and then if they want a reference i'll contact Mieke and see if we can
get one from Belgium  thumb 
Yeah its only gonna be a "is it possible" im not picking out curtains, but i could do one helluva ride along the coastline and race back thru the country or poole quay, tentatively have agreed to shut down the quayside to traffic to let us park where we have the bike night, we just have to marshall it, moorespeed showing interest, although they do indians and victory, crescent will if local help out, metric cruisers interested, dare say theres more who will chip in some needed spondoolicks, its only day two and the vibe is good from local business n council
but venue firs i aint chasing tails for no one

avatar
Alex



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:23

Sounding good Alex. Yeah need to sort out the venue first thats for certain  thumb 

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Vermin on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 12:20

I have a friend of mine who's down Bassetts Pole a lot getting some prices and ideas together, the more ideas on the table the better eh?

Just some places I found as ideas, filtered it down to caravans for hire... Pitchup.com

______________________________________________________________________

avatar
Vermin
Club President

Club President



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 14:13

Yes the more ideas we get the better. Don't forget we ideally need somewhere that has
a bar / clubhouse /  restaurant and be able to cater for 150 people minimum. thumb

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Vermin on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 14:43

@Mick wrote:Yes the more ideas we get the better. Don't forget we ideally need somewhere that has
a bar / clubhouse /  restaurant and be able to cater for 150 people minimum. thumb

Indeed! There's a local bike meet by us that has a stage truck for hire as well, complete with lights and PA if need be!

Will keep hunting! thumb

______________________________________________________________________

avatar
Vermin
Club President

Club President



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Guzzer on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 22:45

Hi guys, just a thought for what it's worth. How about looking at something like a centre parks who'll have everything on site? There's several around the country so there's got to be a chance of getting one on board.
I agree with Micks thoughts of getting the venue sorted first & working all the details out around that.
Lots to thrash out & do yet but if we all do our bit it'll be great in the end.
 Reading

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Guzzer on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 22:49

It'll be a good discussion point at the August meet to get thing rolling.  hmmm

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 22:53

Defo lots to do Guzzer and we need as many people as possible onboard with this to make it
work, otherwise we will look right idiots if we don't pull it off. Not sure on centre parks, they
tend to be very expensive.

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 22:54

@Guzzer wrote:It'll be a good discussion point at the August meet to get thing rolling.  hmmm

yes definitely  thumb 

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Guzzer on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 08:58

Hi all,  just been having a look for venues & this one might be a candidate

http://www.billingaquadrome.com/

They host rallies for bikes & cars so may be a possibility.

Check out the camping pods section.

avatar
Guzzer
Fallen Brother - RIP



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 09:57

Nice find Guzzer  thumb 

So anyone near there willing to call into the place and find out for us ?.

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 19:04

@Mick wrote:Nice find Guzzer  thumb 

So anyone near there willing to call into the place and find out for us ?.

It's about 80 miles from me but looking at the map it's in a pretty good area , about 15 minutes from the M40 with Kenilworth and Warwick castles and Stratford upon Avon nearby but on Trip Advisor gets some very poor reviews, mainly to do with the food and flooded camping pitches. Is it worth me messaging them if you want just to scout it out?

avatar
IANTHAIN25





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Jimbo on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 19:16

@IANTHAIN25 wrote:
@Mick wrote:Nice find Guzzer  thumb 

So anyone near there willing to call into the place and find out for us ?.

It's about 80 miles from me but looking at the map it's in a pretty good area , about 15 minutes from the M40 with Kenilworth and Warwick castles and Stratford upon Avon nearby but on Trip Advisor gets some very poor reviews, mainly to do with the food and flooded camping pitches. Is it worth me messaging them if you want just to scout it out?

I had a look on thier website & checked out the availability of camping pods, i only checked the 2nd weekend of june 2015 (non available) but like you say Ian the location is good  thumb 

avatar
Jimbo





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 19:18

Just thought!  The office of the UK camping and caravaning club is about half a mile from my work. When I get some time will pop in and ask for some help.

avatar
IANTHAIN25





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 19:27

I see what you mean about the bad reviews on tripadvisor Ian, maybe one to put on the back burner
for now then and see what else comes up  thumb 

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Bandulu on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 19:28

Ian I don't think they will be able to help. I am a member and they are very elitist . They have there own sites that they like kept in pristine condition and they don't do static caravans.

avatar
Bandulu





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Lazyboy on Wed 16 Jul 2014, 20:28

I am happy to help anyway I can. Will start looking in Somerset. There are loads of festivals here, many camp sites etc. will see what's available. Also happy to help during the event Smile


Lazyboy



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Stix on Wed 16 Jul 2014, 21:05

@Mick wrote:I see what you mean about the bad reviews on tripadvisor Ian, maybe one to put on the back burner
for now then and see what else comes up  thumb 

Billing has a section of permanent caravans and there are some travellers that live there year round, it has been known for some of the kids to be mooching around the tents when they think there is no one about, been there a few times when in the car world and there was always an incident every time.

Stix

avatar
Stix



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 10:19

Yes we are still looking folks, we could end up doing camping and a large marquee, but would
prefer cabins, caravans and the like.  thumb 

So any ideas would be great.

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 15:24

This looks interesting. I know its a bit of trip from the sea ports, but.......

http://www.chesterlakes.co.uk

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 16:12

@Mick wrote:This looks interesting. I know its a bit of trip from the sea ports, but.......

http://www.chesterlakes.co.uk

Looks great Mick, don't know whether carrying tents with them would be a problem for the European lot though with English weather how it is.

avatar
IANTHAIN25





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  ditka on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 16:19

Looks good, the only downside could be the distance from the ports as you say, but there hasn't been much showing up that's closer. Definitely seems like a family resort, not sure how they would take to 100ish bikes plus people arriving  :dont-know: 

I honestly can't think of much in the south for us, nor do I have any contacts etc...

avatar
ditka



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 16:26

I actually got the info from a rally site, so they welcome bikers. There are pods available to hire
and a lot of the euro folks don't mind camping anyway.

I could be wrong, but I get the impression that you can actually hire a tent ?.


Ive been looking a various rally events, hence where im gathering info from. There appear to be loads
of rugby type clubs available for hire all over the country.

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  DJLexie on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 17:20

No qualms from me about the Chester lakes. Might even take a ride over there to have a closer look when I get the bike back

avatar
DJLexie





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Vermin on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 18:32

@Mick wrote:
Ive been looking a various rally events, hence where im gathering info from. There appear to be loads
of rugby type clubs available for hire all over the country.

That's the sorta thing I had in mind... somewhere with a clubhouse/bar...possibility of a barbecue!  cool 2 

______________________________________________________________________

avatar
Vermin
Club President

Club President



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 08:54

@DJLexie wrote:No qualms from me about the Chester lakes. Might even take a ride over there to have a closer look when I get the bike back

Maybe we can have a ride over there together DJ after I get back from the summer meet in
Scotland ?. In the mean time I can contact them to get an idea of prices etc.

Would prefer somewhere further south really, but no harm enquiring.  thumb 

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Sparks on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 14:49

@Mick wrote:
@DJLexie wrote:No qualms from me about the Chester lakes. Might even take a ride over there to have a closer look when I get the bike back

Maybe we can have a ride over there together DJ after I get back from the summer meet in
Scotland ?. In the mean time I can contact them to get an idea of prices etc.

Would prefer somewhere further south really, but no harm enquiring.  thumb 

Just seen this post, that's 10 mins down the road from us, I'll check it out if ya like but it'll have to be next week,  perfectly placed for the Cheshire plains although some one will have to come up with a ride out route but also close to them there mountains of North Wales of which I can work one out, the English/Welsh border is only about 5 mins travelling from there.

avatar
Sparks





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 15:55

@Sparks wrote:
@Mick wrote:
@DJLexie wrote:No qualms from me about the Chester lakes. Might even take a ride over there to have a closer look when I get the bike back

Maybe we can have a ride over there together DJ after I get back from the summer meet in
Scotland ?. In the mean time I can contact them to get an idea of prices etc.

Would prefer somewhere further south really, but no harm enquiring.  thumb 

Just seen this post, that's 10 mins down the road from us, I'll check it out if ya like but it'll have to be next week,  perfectly placed for the Cheshire plains although some one will have to come up with a ride out route but also close to them there mountains of North Wales of which I can work one out, the English/Welsh border is only about 5 mins travelling from there.

We will sort out a date / time to meet up and visit the place Dave after the summer meet if thats ok with
you mate ?. Oh i'll see you in Scotland anyway, so we can plan something then  wink 

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Sparks on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 17:00

@Mick wrote:
@Sparks wrote:
@Mick wrote:
@DJLexie wrote:No qualms from me about the Chester lakes. Might even take a ride over there to have a closer look when I get the bike back

Maybe we can have a ride over there together DJ after I get back from the summer meet in
Scotland ?. In the mean time I can contact them to get an idea of prices etc.

Would prefer somewhere further south really, but no harm enquiring.  thumb 

Just seen this post, that's 10 mins down the road from us, I'll check it out if ya like but it'll have to be next week,  perfectly placed for the Cheshire plains although some one will have to come up with a ride out route but also close to them there mountains of North Wales of which I can work one out, the English/Welsh border is only about 5 mins travelling from there.

We will sort out a date / time to meet up and visit the place Dave after the summer meet if thats ok with
you mate ?. Oh i'll see you in Scotland anyway, so we can plan something then  wink 

Yeah no probs, didn't even know that was down the road to be honest.

avatar
Sparks





Back to top Go down

Check this out

Post  dcapaldi45 on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 20:55

Hi check this out,

John fowler holiday parks
Based in Cornwall and Devon, just spoken to them, it's look like it could be the one

Their phone number 08443183015

Have a check off the website

Darren

avatar
dcapaldi45





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Thu 24 Jul 2014, 09:34

@dcapaldi45 wrote:Hi check this out,

John fowler holiday parks
Based in Cornwall and Devon, just spoken to them, it's look like it could be the one

Their phone number 08443183015

Have a check off the website

Darren

That looks good, were they ok with around 150 to 200 bikers being there ?.

Need someone to go check it out and ask questions. The Somerset one looks good.  thumb 

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

check this out

Post  dcapaldi45 on Thu 24 Jul 2014, 10:22

sounding promising, waiting for a call back

avatar
dcapaldi45





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Mick on Thu 24 Jul 2014, 11:04

@dcapaldi45 wrote:sounding promising, waiting for a call back

 thumb 

______________________________________________________________________




Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

avatar
Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  scrumpysi on Fri 15 Aug 2014, 17:41

Hi I am a member of unwanted mcc in Burton on Trent, midlands so central for most folk, they have a venue called The Rockbar, it has bars, stage for bands, own disco etc, plenty of camping, toilets, disabled access n showers in place next door and lots of hotel accommodation nearby. They have just hosted RBLR national and currently is being used this weekend for a NABD rally. Go take a look at unwantedmcc.co.uk, contact numbers etc are on the website. Excellent venue and brilliant folk.


scrumpysi



Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Jimbo on Sun 17 Aug 2014, 20:25

It don't bother me where it ends up being as i'm lucky to be in a central location (Derby) but i do feel for folk who will have to travel from one end of the country in order to attend or be put off because of the location, should we not be thinking more central? or a central corridor for a location?

avatar
Jimbo





Back to top Go down

Re: 6th European Intruder Convention - UK 2015

Post  Stix on Sun 17 Aug 2014, 20:38

http://www.newarkshowground.com

We used this place for a couple of years ( Vulcan riders association) for the reason it is pretty central in the country, the hangars/ barns are a good size and the one we used has a catering kitchen for meals with a good size seating area for coffee and eating, we had plenty of room for camping and the trade stands we had invited there,also they didn't mind us having burger vans etc there as well for the late night munchie brigade.

Stix

avatar
Stix



Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum