Calendar Calendar

join us
Register

5th European Intruder Convention - Belgium 2014

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 5th European Intruder Convention - Belgium 2014

Post  Wes on Thu 09 Jan 2014, 22:00

What's all this about a breatherliser in France?

Wes

Back to top Go down

Post  majalomalk on Thu 09 Jan 2014, 22:05

as far as i no you still have to carry 2 breathalizers in france one for them and one for you saves on there expenses ive no doubt think that law still stands  :dont-know: 

majalomalk
Club Treasurer

Club Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex on Thu 09 Jan 2014, 22:32

@majalomalk wrote::dont-know:  first i have heard some have said you have to have a reflective sticker on helmet  :?: 
I had no breathalysers, you only have one road from the tunnel to Belgium, just rag it, its a good road, no reflective anything no hi viz, just a hoodie and never got stopped
Id worry far more about the fucking potholes on the motorways, sorry outdated shite riddled with potholes n shit tarmac roads, theres a reason dutch and germans move to Belgium, the taxes are so much cheaper, and why is that?
cost they don't spend any on anything to do with roads, haven't checked the route yet but my intruder only just made it to the first fuel stop in Belgium so make sure ya fully load this side and there anint that much in price either.
So fuck the French/ Belgian authorities and relax, your more likely to get pulled here, I do tunnel to Holland and germany regular n never get tugged, stopped for a look at the bike a few times but never done

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes on Thu 09 Jan 2014, 22:35

Sound good to me

Wes

Back to top Go down

5th Intruder Convention - Belgium 2014

Post  Richy Y on Thu 09 Jan 2014, 23:12

As Alex says, don't worry about breathalysers, hi-viz, you don't need them and we were told by people we stayed with in France the reflector strips on your helmet (ooh err matron) is a joke. wink 

Richy Y

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 10:36

All im doing is taking my passport and putting a GB sticker on the bike, and thats it!. Im not
pissing around with any other crap!.  thumb

So call me a rebel.  Laughing Laughing 

Please click HERE if you want to
become a FULL Club Member.

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Richy Y on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 20:23

Mick, your a rebel. Laughing 

Richy Y

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 21:32

@Mick wrote:All im doing is taking my passport and putting a GB sticker on the bike, and thats it!. Im not

Take your papers for the bike mate or you'll be riding home as a pillion if you get stopped  now now 

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Sat 11 Jan 2014, 01:10

@Richy Y wrote:Mick, your a rebel. Laughing 

Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Ner Ner 

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Sat 11 Jan 2014, 01:10

@The Prospector wrote:
@Mick wrote:All im doing is taking my passport and putting a GB sticker on the bike, and thats it!. Im not

Take your papers for the bike mate or you'll be riding home as a pillion if you get stopped  now now 

oh if I must!.  Laughing Laughing 

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  MuckyPups on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 02:08

Just wondering if anyone is having any problems with the international bank transfer and communications with Mieke.
I transferred 480 euros on 7th Jan and it still has not been confirmed as received. I have emailed Mieke 3 times with the details of party names and transfer reference number but I have not received a reply. Not even confirmation to confirm receipt of my emails.
Now call me paranoid or not but I'm beginning to feel like I've been scammed.
Anyone else having such problems???

MuckyPups

Back to top Go down

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 07:13

Yep me too! Paid €480 on the tenth and emailed Mike but had no reply. Starting to wonder.........

IANTHAIN25

Back to top Go down

Post  Plumberon2wheels on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 08:32

I am sure that Mieke (not Mike Ian ) is a nice lady who despite all the worry probably has more in life to do than organise this intruder meeting, she has a job, family etc. She has linked with us on this club and on facebook and could have a large number of intruder club members across europe to deal with. Plus stuff from the Belgium club to organise. Don't let panic set in just yet!

Plumberon2wheels

Back to top Go down

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 08:55

@Plumberon2wheels wrote:I am sure that Mieke (not  Mike Ian ) is a nice lady who despite all the worry probably has more in life to do than organise this intruder meeting, she has a job, family etc. She has linked with us on this club and on facebook and could have a large number of  intruder club members  across europe to deal with. Plus stuff from the Belgium club to organise. Don't let panic set in just yet!

I typed Mieke, but it came out Mike...bloody spell check. Whilst I understand that she probably has a life outside of bikes I can't help but feel responsible for the €360 I have taken off other members and forwarded on to her.

IANTHAIN25

Back to top Go down

Post  Richy Y on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 09:55

I know she gave a list of the names last week of those who she had received money off, and said it would be updated each week when they checked the bank account.
 :dont-know:
and I paid in 240 euros and have not heard back either.

Richy Y

Back to top Go down

Post  Richy Y on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 10:01

On the plus side, me and Sparks have got our ferry booked from Hull to Zeebrugge, £163 pounds return each which includes evening meal and breakfast.
 eat 

Richy Y

Back to top Go down

Post  IANTHAIN25 on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 10:15

Just had a reply from Mieke confirming payment.

IANTHAIN25

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 10:21

Don't panic guys, you've not been scammed or anything, just give it time  thumb 

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparks on Sun 19 Jan 2014, 18:22

@Richy Y wrote:On the plus side, me and Sparks have got our ferry booked from Hull to Zeebrugge, £163 pounds return each which includes evening meal and breakfast.
 eat 

Yay bring it on, thanks for sorting it all out Richy  dance 

Sparks
Vice President

Vice President

Back to top Go down

Post  MuckyPups on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 07:09

@IANTHAIN25 wrote:
@Plumberon2wheels wrote:I am sure that Mieke (not  Mike Ian ) is a nice lady who despite all the worry probably has more in life to do than organise this intruder meeting, she has a job, family etc. She has linked with us on this club and on facebook and could have a large number of  intruder club members  across europe to deal with. Plus stuff from the Belgium club to organise. Don't let panic set in just yet!

I typed Mieke,  but it came out Mike...bloody spell check. Whilst I understand that she probably has a life outside of bikes I can't help but feel responsible for the €360 I have taken off other members and forwarded on to her.
I Feel exactly the same Ian. We've all got lives beyond motorbiking and we all have to balance home life between work. That still doesn't stop me beginning to worry though.

MuckyPups

Back to top Go down

Post  Plumberon2wheels on Sat 08 Feb 2014, 17:00

Paid for the Belgium Bertrix Camping stuff on Monday (01/02/2014) and got confirmation from Mieke today via email....sorted

Plumberon2wheels

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes on Sat 08 Feb 2014, 19:07

Can't wait for it. My wife has given me permission to go even though it's my sons 5th birthday on the 14th if June! How lucky am I.

Wes

Back to top Go down

%th European Itruders meeting - Belgium

Post  Creamytash on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:57

Hi folks, I have been reading about this and it has blown my frock up. I know that I am a very recent FNG and I know that the trike I am doing isn't even finished yet but I am interested. I realise I don't have a lot of time left to committ and get sorted but I am going to do my best. My partner Sue says she is interested so at this stage I am going to say leave it with me to see if I can pull it all together. I appologise in advance to Mick for what I anticipate to be a load of stupid questions about the admin side of the trip while I try to get this sorted.
Creamytash

Creamytash

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 14:01

Its going to be a cracking meet, so hope ya can make it mate. Any questions just ask away  thumb 

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Intruder owners european meeting Bulgium

Post  Creamytash on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 20:19

Hi,thanks Mick I'll take you up on that and if any of the members knows the answers to some of my questions I'd appreciate it if they threw them into the mix.
Firstly, I have looked at my rota at work and I am actually 'weekend off' that weekend so I now just have to book the Friday off and wait for it to be confirmed by the boss -Not to mention finish the work on the Trike but we are talking June and I want it up and tested by at latest April in the hopes that I have time to iron out any Gremmlins.

Here goes with some of the silly questions:

Is anybody else camping (tenting it) if so where please.

I take it we make our own crossing arrangements.

In the UK Trike riders/drivers don't have to wear a helmet by law - does anybody know what the law is in France and Belgium.

I am told bikers must put hi vis stickers on their lids or potentially face an on the spot cash fine by the Kermitts ??
Same with having to at least carry Hi Vis vests or jackets??

Info Only - Carrying a spare bulb kit which was part of French law has been dumped because the French have recently produced a car(not sure what make) that only a main dealer or authorised garage can get at the light unit - it can't be done by the driver at the road side.

I also undertand that UK drivers/riders must carry at least 2 self breathalisers(2 because if they stop you and test you thats 1 gone. You then have 1 in reserve so can be allowed to continue your journey). However I have since been told unofficially that this law has also been dumped by Kermitt - but can't confirm that.

That'll do for now till I can think up more Sh1t questions to ask.
Creamytash

Creamytash

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 22:27

@Creamytash wrote:Hi,thanks Mick I'll take you up on that and if any of the members knows the answers to some of my questions I'd appreciate it if they threw them into the mix.
Firstly, I have looked at my rota at work and I am actually 'weekend off' that weekend so I now just have to book the Friday off and wait for it to be confirmed by the boss -Not to mention finish the work on the Trike but we are talking June and I want it up and tested by at latest April in the hopes that I have time to iron out any Gremmlins.

Here goes with some of the silly questions:

Is anybody else camping (tenting it) if so where please.

I take it we make our own crossing arrangements.

In the UK Trike riders/drivers don't have to wear a helmet by law - does anybody know what the law is in France and Belgium.

I am told bikers must put hi vis stickers on their lids or potentially face an on the spot cash fine by the Kermitts ??
Same with having to at least carry Hi Vis vests or jackets??

Info Only - Carrying a spare bulb kit which was part of French law has been dumped because the French have recently produced a car(not sure what make) that only a main dealer or authorised garage can get at the light unit - it can't be done by the driver at the road side.

I also undertand that UK drivers/riders must carry at least 2 self breathalisers(2 because if they stop you and test you thats 1 gone. You then have 1 in reserve so can be allowed to continue your journey). However I have since been told unofficially that this law has also been dumped by Kermitt - but can't confirm that.

That'll do for now till I can think up more Sh1t questions to ask.
Creamytash

Not aware of anyone camping. Pitches are available on the same site we are staying at, but you
will still need to book via the "Intruder Owners Club Belgium".

Yes ya sort out ya own crossing, a lot of us are staying in Ashford on the thursday night and getting
the train on friday morning (approx 10am).

Forget all about hi-vis and breathalisers, not needed.  thumb

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 22:38

Not sure how the French, Belgians view a trike ie car or bike but reflective stickers on helmets, technically yes but rarely enforced. High viz vests on bikes no but cars yes. Breatherlisers on hold but since they are the size of a fag packet and cost less than a fiver! Bulbs, many modern cars it's impossible to change headlight bulbs at the road side but tail and brake lights? And again cheap sets cost a couple of quid in Lidl.

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  Creamytash on Tue 04 Mar 2014, 20:55

SITREP -
I have had the time off from work authorised today ie; Thurs 12 & Fri 13th June.
Looked on the eurotunnel site and obtained a price for the trike which unsuprisingly is the same as that for a car = £51 + £52 = £103 return - ouch.

So I have looked at the ferry option and got a slightly better deal at £78 return this being the cheapest return crossings I could get short of crossing at midnight and saving £4 each way( 3alls to that).
It looks like I will be crossing on the puke bucket, which will mean I can't run with you guys on the train - hey ho, I'll be ok.

I would like to now try and book to stay in one of the mobile homes if possible so I need to ask if anyone has space and would be willing to share with us - given that we are not known to any of you.
We are none smokers, easy to get on with but snore and fart in our sleep like everyone else LOL.
Any offers please.
If all else fails we will tent it.

MICK - it we finish up tenting it can we pay to take the meals as the people in the cabins would or would that be rolled into the camping tarrif ??

I realise that I am going out on a limb booking this trip given that I haven't even finished the trike yet.
Dave & Sue

Creamytash

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 09:48

Ive PM'ed ya mate, but Richy Y and Sparks have a spare room. Not sure on the camping and meals
plus other activities that the fee includes, you will need to ask Mieke (Belgium Rep) about that, so
will send you her email address once you've heard back from the 2 guys above  thumb 

Shame you won't be on the same crossing as most of us, but we will see ya there anyway  thumb

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbo on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 19:47

Bugger !!! i wish i had known obout this sooner, you guys all have a good time, i reckon it'll have to be next year for me  Sad 

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Grock on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 22:12

What about next Burnley weekend just around the corner from you Mad81 next May 3-5 :dont-know: or are you going to it

Grock  grandpa wheelchair 

Grock

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:38

Sent my money off over the weekend, so just awaiting a reply to confirm it's all gone through now!... thumb

Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbo on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 19:29

@Grock wrote:What about next Burnley weekend just around the corner from you Mad81 next May 3-5 :dont-know: or are you going to it

Cheers Grock, now that sounds like a plan, i will have a look into it now   Reading  , if i can make it i will most likely have the missus with me, don't suppose that will be an issue will it??  censored cheers thumb 

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Miller421 on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 19:41

MAD81 wrote:
@Grock wrote:What about next Burnley weekend just around the corner from you Mad81 next May 3-5 :dont-know: or are you going to it

Cheers Grock, now that sounds like a plan, i will have a look into it now   Reading  , if i can make it i will most likely have the missus with me, don't suppose that will be an issue will it??  censored cheers thumb 
More the merrier mate there will be a few partners there I expect good folk good atmosphere, watch out for leaky tho  grandpa   Laughing 

Miller421

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbo on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 20:00

@Miller421 wrote:
MAD81 wrote:

More the merrier mate there will be a few partners there I expect good folk good atmosphere, watch out for leaky tho  grandpa    Laughing 

Well that sounds right up our street & round the corner a bit mate, i looked Reading at the premier inn :mademe: & it seems there are rooms still available too thumb 

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Grock on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 09:31

Round the corner Mad81 but if your coming from Portsmouth that's a different matter  :dont-know: look forward to catching up with you and the rest of the group. As for that so called chippy Miller Ner Ner 

Grock

Back to top Go down

Post  Miller421 on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 18:27

@Grock wrote:Round the corner Mad81 but if your coming from Portsmouth that's a different matter  :dont-know: look forward to catching up with you and the rest of the group. As for that so called chippy Miller Ner Ner 

butt   Laughing   :mademe: 

Miller421

Back to top Go down

Post  Creamytash on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 20:59

Drawn a blank on the hopefulls for sharing accomodation.

Request,
Is there anyone with a spare room at the meeting in Belgium that would be willing to allow myself and my wife Sue to occupy.
Not sure what other options are left.
Thanks
Dave

Creamytash

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 21:02

Who's going now, how many bikes so far?

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Creamytash on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 10:07

Update -
crossing booked (£78. return trike classed as a car - would have been £103. return on tunnel)- 09.26hrs 13/6/14, docking in France 11.55hrs.

Got a same day reply from Mieke(yesterday) she is sorting us some accom and will tell me in due course.
I am arranging the payment to Mieke this week.

I now have to decide - do I set off from home at 04.00am on the 13th and blatt down to Dover or do I get some overnight accom and go Thurs - mmmm?????
Creamytash

Creamytash

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 13:56

Quite a few of us are going down on thursday and staying at the travelodge in Ashford overnight
before getting the train on friday morning  thumb 

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Creamytash on Tue 11 Mar 2014, 20:47

Further to my last entry:

Return Ferry Booked(Dover)
Room booked at Guest House for Thursday Night (Dover)
Payment or 240.Euros made to Mieke today. She says she will finalise my accom problem in due courseand let me know.

Now all I need is to finish off the Trike so I have something to bloodywell go on - then learn to ride it.

Thanks for your help and support Mick - yer a good-un.

Creamytash

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Wed 12 Mar 2014, 09:59

Glad your all sorted mate  thumb 

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermin on Thu 13 Mar 2014, 14:21

Just got an email back from Mieke this morning confirming our payment, all sorted!  thumb

Vermin
Club President

Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes on Thu 13 Mar 2014, 14:27

@Vermin wrote:Just got an email back from Mieke this morning confirming our payment, all sorted!  thumb
happy days!

Wes

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:18

@marshman wrote:Who's going now, how many bikes so far?

Something in the region of 38 bodies and 30 bikes  thumb dance 

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  The Prospector on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:58

@Mick wrote:

Fook me, and does the President buy the first round  cheers 

The Prospector

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:34

@Mick wrote:

Cool, an excellent turn out for our club bike 

marshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 16:32

@marshman wrote:
@Mick wrote:

Cool, an excellent turn out for our club bike 

The last count at the beginning of Jan it was 32 bodies and 26 bikes, but others have joined
since. So yep cracking turn out for the Club and our 1st Euro meet.  thumb 

Mick
Club Founder

Club Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 18:18

Only question left is how much of my hard earned money to take with me!

Wes

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum